Roland mc505 vs Cubase??

hello guys!!

Does anyone here use the Roland mc505 with cubase???

I have tried EVERYTHING and I cant get it to work!!!! It´s really frustrating.

When i play something it dont come anything "out"... There is like I havn´t put in any hardware.. There´s no reaction on the "in and Out-bars"

So my last hope is that someone here can help me, otherwise i throw the f*****g machine out the window!!

Peter.

Guest DeeperNETWERK

Ok, let see... Midi. Let me ask you a few questions first, because many things could be the problem here. Ok...

Do you plan on recording thru to cubase. Which causes the audio to go straight to the arrangement, no pre-EQing or effects? This is the way you achieve zero latency. Or do you plan on monitoring thru cubase where you can apply EQ/FX/etc... To the monitored sound?

If you plan to record thru cubase, make sure that your channels in your soundcards mixer are unmuted. If they were muted you probably plan to monitor through cubase. Making sense?

If you plan to monitor thru youll have to make a seperate audio track to control what you want your midi part to do.

I hope i'm explaining the right subject here... If not... And you say your in/out activity isn't showing up, it's not recognizing your midi interface. Which interface are you using? Do you have drivers installed and it is selectable thru the midi channel in cubase? There could also be an option on the mc505 that controls are your midi options. make sure midi thru is turned off, if it were turned out, you'd be telling it be your controller and no sound would output. I'm not too familar with the mc505 so i couldn't tell you. Hopefully i knacked a part of your brain to trigger the rest out if i didn't cover exactly what you were looking for.

which version of cubase are you using as well? Make sure yoru track is on "monitor" status, or "record enable"'d if your ready to record, if you are using SX.

• 9 years later...

dunno if this topic is still alive but.. well i had a mc505 , i use FL as a midi sequencer and it always responded fine to midi .

I'd say ur missing something on the MC505 itself , make sure you select the right midi channel and you select it as 'slave'.

anything else should be in the manual.

best of luck.