D.DRUM has BAD sound quality?

Guest asshopper

its just only me or you people feel the same thing?? the sound quality of D.DRUM products are pretty bad, it sounds like only less than 96 kbps, the Scizoeffective and Radio album has great sound, but not Midi Miliz and Send in... send back, especially on Midi Miliz's Cream... cant even listen to it... though everybody thinks its one of the masters. i am very disappoint about these ripped off tracks and CDs, i cant even tell if they are good or not, i have to replace them from my player in 10 seconds... or its because of my ears?

man~

I dont like the mastering of the new Delta Album, the last one was GREAT.

I simply don't like the distorted/compressed sound of "Send In..Send Back".

Btw, "Standby" is the best track on that CD IMHO.

Guest Psychedelic AllabertA

The sound of SISB is quite "dry", and I like it phat and juicy...

But I have a friend who makes hard (should we say, brutal) techno and intentionally uses 8kHz sound effects and encodes his tracks in 96kbps :)))

It sounds very raw but also incredibly powerful... That means the low sound quality can be used well too (but in SISB it isn't used that well... you gotta know how ;)

Yes of course.

any sounds quality can sound good, if the sound is made correctly and with the right intension!..

:-)

i know some industrial people, who do this as well.

instead of just distorting sounds, or the vocals,, whatever.

they just lower the Khz,, and raise it again?

then of course they tweak it with an EQ right after. but this sounds awesome :-)

much better than a plain distortion filter.

d-drum=bad quality? are you nut?

did you listened the Authentik tracks?

one of the best sound in techno-trance music!!

and midi miliz is great too!

very interesting sound; original and this is the work of the greatest sound engeneers! believe me!!!!!!!

Nobody ever said the MUSIC was bad.

someone said the mastering was bad, and the sound quality.

NOT the music!.

that's another subject,, and it's a matter of taste.

personally , i LOVE AUTHENTIK,

i think Midi Miliz, are not very good.

Guest asshopper

ii totally agree with you guys on they are the greatest musicians and sound engineers, i love their other works, but just Midi Miliz and SISB... the sound quality are just dry, flat and no depth, if its their intension, i have no idea what for?? for better sound systems? help me out here... i would love you hear these trax on 192kbps, for goaheads, do you enjoy these trax on your speakers? for those Djs, are these trax on your play list? for me, i cant "appreciate" it too much, and wont be on my Dj list as well, for people who are enjoying them... please tell me how can i enjoy it as mush as i listen to Scizoeffective or Radio?

cheers.

Guest Mescalinium

I just recently got SISB (on vinyl) so I havn't been able to determine the sound quality. However, I have D:drum 003, Authentik, and I think the mastering on this single is very good, much crisper than many other records I own. But I agree that the mastering on the new Anomolie EP is not as good.

I like the distorted sound, very much indeed... it works very well at live performances... and I believe X-Dream's new style has the very distorted style as well.

Yes,,,, the new x-dream sound is very distortet.

but now we are talking mastering.. NOT production.....

yesterday , i asked about 3-4 different friends about what thye thought of the album.. they are not very technical, but they all agreed that the sound quality was not very good.

2 of them said the sound quality was like a poorly encoded mp3.

they said the production of the music was good and all that.

but this is about mastering.

it has nothing to do with "DELTA" & Marcus.,...... it' has something to do with the guy who is credited under "Mastering"

SISB (which I just got) kinda reminds me of the first release of Dark Soho's Sun Spot... I heard the sound engineer screwed the master tape up and the sound quality was very poor... like someone "sucked the life out" of the music... Now, I don't know about vinyl but the SISB CD mastering isn't good IMO. I just compared it to Scizoeffective and the difference is obvious! Maybe it should be re-released under another label... shame. I looked forward to it...

Well, maybe your ears have poor sound quality...

I got SISB and I don't like what I'm hearing. I'm not enjoying it because it sounds dry and flat. I'm glad you maybe are but I'm not.

Here you go. And a shpongled smiley for conclusion :::)

Guest parhelion

I've never heard anything wrong with a D.Drum record...levels are always good, sound is clean, and the tracks are supposed to sound as they do!

I love it!

this style kicks my ass :)

Guest asshopper

sorry, the topic is just confused, what i would like to point out was the bad sound mastering on SISB & on most of Midi Miliz stuff... um, wonder how do they think these are intentional good quality sound *__*

Nine Inch Nails also used to do that stratagy... Make it sound like the amp is in overdrive.. that static sounding effect. It's ment to piss you off. Which is what it does so well... lol ... As for The Delta... They are just doing it to be "HARDCORE WILD MAN" and sooooo...uh... yeah.

sounds like Boom krrrr boom krrrr ... hm. Broken speaker sound lol.