Very special sound request !

Guest EQ-1350

You all know about the cool scraching sound that most of the trance is created today , any1 know how to produce it using the synth in reason , or it's just impossible with two osillators?

thanx

Guest Invitro58

eeeh... "not as good as hard ware" tha subtraktor is fuckin' useless... everything sounds so extremely... weak... no matter how moutch effects and @!#$ you run it throu... it will always have that electronic cheese over it... don't like the subtraktor at all... I say D/L the fruityloops2 and use the ts404... kicks as... and buy some hareware synths... try the micromodulator... from clavi... It's a but kicker for sure...

Guest EQ-1350

oK then .. as i am very poor at the moment and find it hard to buy an hardware synth , and also find that FL can't match Reason is sound quality (the TS-404 is cool thou) , there is must be a way of doing that `o` so cool scraching sound in software , i've heard in the last contest , a winning track called "for red" , made by buzz machines , used that specific sound , i don't know nothing about Buzz machines , my some1 have a made patch of it for reason ? or myb made it in Reaktor ? or .. i don't know i just MUST have that sound , i've tried producing it for a week now and all i've got is this lousy T-shirt ;) .. no really , it's a matter of life and ... anyway it's very important for a track i'm working on now ... PLEASE ! :)

Guest Slidingtrancer

I have thge Clavia Micromodular and its cool yeah, but the Subtractor can be cool as well, it just needs a lot of work...

The scratching sound, when I reinstall Reason I will try it for you, I think I know how to do it...

I think it just depends on the envelopes...

Guest Psyyy

EQ try to make it on ts 404 its realy good ! eventhe sound quality after u encode it on wav and edit on sound forge .. make some compression and maximaze it or something u will get really god quality ...

and u can make every fuckin sound...

Guest EQ-1350

Well friends , i will try to produce it via FL and a wave editor , and see what's happen :)

thanks you guys

(btw if any1 know something better to produce it , please mention it)

Guest Dexium

"tha subtraktor is fuckin' useless... everything sounds so extremely... weak... "

Anyone who knows ANYTHING AT ALL about software synthesis will have a good chuckle at this... I certainly did. For those of you that are just starting out - I have used a lot of software in my few years of producing, and I find Reason's Subtractor (note the spelling) is really unique, a great tool to spend some time getting to know (it's one of my favorites). You just have to learn how to build on it's strengths. Fruityloops' TS-404 is great too, but for slightly different reasons (scuse the pun).

EQ, "scratchy" a sound can describe a whole plethora of different noises, so it's a tad hard to answer your question. What I can do, however, is ask you to name a song that features the sound you would like to synthesize (telling me what time the sound comes in). Some of us can then have a stab at reproducing it and reporting back with the results.

- Dexium