annoying 'cher' robot effect.....

I was just wondering......does anyone one know how the annoying 'robot' effect in many numberone hits (I mean the #¤¤## hits that are played in discos, bars etc..) is made??? Its like normal vocals, but there is a little bit of robot flavor there and there ...u know what I mean :D I have tried to make similar effect with the cyclonix vocoder software but I havent got very satisfying results......

PS...Im not trying to make the next NUMBERONE dance hit or anything, just curious : )

Guest brian surge

When you put your vocals through the vocoder you need to play your keyboard as well. I manged to get this effect by playing a vocal through an ms2000 and just playing a few notes to modulate the signal. I dont know about the cyclonics software but Orange Vocoder works. Some ring modulation and or loads of really tight delay (fast rate short decay) will give a metallic robot kind of sound to anything. I have to ask... why do you want some thing to sound like that anyway?

Good luck.

I know.. It can be processed with such things:

Antares Autotune (sound forge plug-in) and Fusion Vocoder (also a plug-in)

but Cher did it with Intonator (little voice device)

Guest suarajana

Encore is right----

at first i assumed it's a vocoder but couldn't get the same effect-

because it is her voice, not a synth tone, yet the voice is bedning like a synth

the tool they're using is Antares Auto Tune

it gives you midi control of a voice's pitch. Kid Rock uses it too

Guest suarajana

i guess there's a few that do it

i totally have to look more closely at the ms2000 i'm hearing so many incredible things about it

Guest Invitro58

it's no vocoder... they're using a tuner... that sets the voise to an exact tune.. so if the artist sings a little of key the tuner will pitch it to the right tune... and depending how you set the parameters on the tuner you'll get different kinds of fades...

• 2 weeks later...