Creating Psychadelic sounds?

Guest fruitylooped

here's another.... learn to use the lfo, it may give ur tunes more dynamism, get the soundforge and edith any sample u want playing with the effects... learn the envelopes, lots of delays....

that come to my mind right now...and those r just starter tips...

btw....what kind of sound r u talking about?

Another idea is playing arround with insert effects on your instruments.

Try filters, phasers, flangers, ringmodulators and all other kinds of effects.

LFO suggestion is good,

FIlters and Gappers

Fruity is not so good, try Buzz(free) instead, it's my main tool and its great

Its very flexible and you have hundreds of LFO and Gapper options and many nice filters. Try playng with a sine wave through a gapper in the Phrygian scale. Add 3/4 delay and a pumping heavy bassline with sharps and flats.

Guest acrobat

in reasn:

you take a normal instrument(of the sound bank) of nn19 sampler,

than you must create a melody, maybe the lenght :0,

and than: resonanz: maximum, and edit automation with cut off (down and up),

and flanger/chorus,

hels: actually.. strumplings comment was the most creative one.. don´t expect to make any masterpieces with fruityloops.. haven´t heard one track made with fruitloops that i actually can listen to without getting convulsions...

creative? i´m too tired.. constructive was the word i was looking for.. :)

hels: if you don´t want to use cracked software you could always save up some money and buy a program like reason... if you are serious about your music you must be willing to sacrifice both economy and time.. something most people aren´t willing to do..

that is what separates the cream of the crop from the.. not so creamy of the crop.. :)

Well I use fruity loops, and its damn hard to make something good with it, but sometimes I can do some serious noizzz!! Well thats not the point here...

to make lead weird psy voices, I use mainly the TS-404 with a distorted sound (the original preset should do it) adn aplly it a Blood Overdrive and tweak a little the settings, it gives a nice crunchy distorted lead for the voices, and if U lower the octaves and the distortion, U can make a Bass sound too!!

Hope it helps...

PiNG

Guest reflekshun

Kilian, okok i agree so fruityloops looks like a kiddy's program, but it is far far better than you make it out to be, if you push this software to its limits you can get GREAT results and i mean it.. using FL in conjunction with other programs makes it an even more powerful tool.. i'm not just saying this to make me feel better because i use FL... I have reason, storm, etc etc. blah blah, FL is still a GREAT program, don't play it down like that ;D

_}reflekshun::..