Metallic GMS - Warp sounds?

Can someone help me with how to make distorted and metallic sounds like the leadsound in GMS - Warp?

What filters to creat deep, metallic and distorted sounds?

Guest Lifeform

Ring Mod.. and X-Mod Depth. I'm not sure if any other anologs got that function (X-Mod Depth) but my JP8000 has it, and i can make some twisted sounds with it.

Guest Protex Midget

OK listen up. Do exectly what i tell you and you can get a good metalic sound.

Use these settings:

Wave From: 06

Octave: 00

Effects: RV-7

DDL-1

PH-90 (rate 79)

DDL-1 (Feedback 66)

Now just compose a simple pattern, and play with the pitch to get a variation of metallic sounds (GMS Style)

PS: Also, you might want to lower the feedback to get an improved sound, but it's up to you...

Guest Protex Midget

at the top of the SubTractor, their is small black pannel with the word "Waveform" underneath (it's right next to the Octave). Just press the arrows next to the pannel until it shows "6".

thats bullshit,

GMS uses a bunch of hardware... they also use Reaktor, and Logic Audio

They have an extensive studio.. with so many compressors, I have talked with them and I know for a fact... they prefer hardware..

they have a huge studio in Ibiza, which has so much equipment..

after all they are sound scientists..

Guest Spiralix

Well JP8000 is a hardware syntheziser....

Space cat and hallucinogen both use presets, Slightly modified tho, ive found a couple of sounds from K2000 that they use..

most of the metallic gms lead sounds are from the nord lead, with lots of FM thrown in. they have loads of gear, but they have certainly done that synth to death.

well.. just turn up the FM knob on the subtraktor.. instant GMS sound. (thats what they do, but on the Nord lead). GMS sounds very much "Nord lead" to me, since if ive used it alot.

Guest samadhi

Gms and Raja ram - 1200 mics

there is a very Cool Metallic noisy sound in this one.. i think you know what i mean :)

and it's impossible to make a similar one with reason =(

ive spent hours and hours to tweak this subtractor but its not anywhere near the real thing.