seekwenserz r difikult too yooz....duuhhhh.......

i originaly was writing this as a response to what eshanti wrote in my thread about reason, but i thought id like to just make a new thread...this will almost certainly make me sound stupid...but oh well

i dont have cubase or any of those other ones. i do have fruty loops though. not that it can do all that much...what i like about it is that the sequencer is real easy to use. was having a bit of trouble with buzz.... so i just make the sounds i want outside fruity and ship them in....its working out ok so far.

hell i was using mix man as my sequencer for a while. id just make some sounds outside then use recycle to turn them into a .trk file. easy as pie. problem with mix man is that its only got 16 tracks. fruity has as many as your system can handle.

maybe im just not doing the sequencing right maybe im just brain dead...but i like it when i can just draw in where i want stuff to play and it plays. buzz was a bit strange. and from what i hear cubase and those are real complicated. i have a sequencer that came with my yamaha dx-200 and i hate it. i draw stuff in and it wont play...or it plays some crap that isnt right. i dont know. maybe i should just get cubase or something and make myself learn it. im just a little impatient with the sequencing. i want stuff to play when i want it to play without doing too much to have it do that. i dont mind putting in the extra work to make 200 sounds and 80 different patterns that all just get used once or twice.

hehe a typical sequence of mine looks like this:

1> xxxxxxxx

2> xx

3> xxxx

4> xxxx

5> x

6> xxxxxxxx

ect...

ok im exagurating...its not realy that bad, but you get the point. i make a lot of extra tracks that i dont need just because i like to have it simpler for me to sequence.

i know i know...this probably makes me sound like a freaking moron.

Guest lifeform

i didn't really understand this post ouroboros... But from what i got out of it, your having trouble with sequencers. First off i start off by saying... Cubase isn't really that hard to learn. Just read the manual and try out what they are explaining on your software as you go thru the manual. If you have about a month, few hours a day just to sit back and play with it. You'll pick it up before ya know it. It does pay off to have a professional sequencer that does what you want it to do!

I agree that cubase is a little bit advanced...but i am trying to manage it....

but theres another sequencer that i am using and have used for some time now...

Sonic foundry ; acid pro

i think it´s the most easiest seq to use and its relly logicall. just like you said, import the sound, "draw it in your track" and play. The program has some other good things to. But sequencin is the only thing it´s really god at. so you have to have a couple of program beside it, such as sound forge, fruity loop and maybe reason...

i recomend you try it.