trance

trance trance trance trance trance trance

C´mon, say it with me!

trance trance trance trance trance trance trance

do you hate the word as much as i do? i can´t stand it!

when people ask me what music i listen to i don´t know what to say, i cant say that awful word! they prob think i was down at the local supermarket and just bought the new "trance 3000" album where all the shitty trance is gathered in one one even more aweful album!

DO YOU FEEL THE SAME????

or it might be so just caus i talk swedish and it doesn´t suit our way of talking and it´s just here that the word is so wrongly used, i donno?

trance trance trance trance trance trance trance trance

AAAARRRGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!

love to you all!

(it was to much hate in this post so i had to compensate it : )

(replies are most welcome)

"Psychedelic Trance" sounds good to my french ear, I feel quite puzzled by what you said. Does this word ring an ugly bell in your native language ?

J.

Yeah, when I say trance to non-psy people they probably think:

"Trancemaster 3000 D-Luxxxx with the new single from Flensost - Trance with me!"

hehe.. but this genre is all about love isn't it ;)

we should respect that music! We should love it..

haha BULL!

I don't like shitty trance.. I can't help it...

Guest Setsuko

geezzz ... I realy love the word .

when people asked what music i'm listening i feel honored to say 'progressive psychedelic trance' - that sounds so massive imo ☻

...or i say psytrance or goa , but this doesn't sound wicked

+ nrg

dont worry psy-fi

it is the same here in my country.....

if I say I listen to trance, everybody thinks about this soft, shitty, commercial trance music....

and even I say "psytrance" .... they just hear the "trance" in it and dont see any difference :-)

but I dont care

Guest PuuhaMees

Darude roxx guys, admit it u all adore that stuff ;). I just allways say I am into electronic music. When they ask what kind, I then maybe say psychedelic electronic music or whatever. I mean who cares what people think about anything, in fact 4 many people these days music dont mean a thing. Maybe they turn on the radio in the car, but they dont really know whats being played & they dont give a jacks ass. People just chew what is being fed.

Guest Mindbender

Sano psykee!

(Mutsin sukupolvelle styge tarkoittaa biisia, ja meidan sukupolvelle se nayttaa olevan mita tahansa missa on tasa 4/4 biitti, kiksusta ja piripolkasta psykeen).

Yes, I agree. I'm a *bit* annoyed that people get the "wrong" idea, when you talk about 'trance'. They usually connect it with cheezy club anthems, not what you and I know by 'trance'. But hey, both these styles are TRANCE. It's like if a black metal fan would be annoyed by people just hearing the 'metal' word and people connecting his music to Linkin Park. Lame thinking, isn't it.

Well, I don't care that much in the end (luckily). I try to ask people to come over and give them some nice tasters and let them form their own opinion. Anyway, most people who don't like trance will not like psy either, so it's not like giving it a better name would change things.

All this was very pointless, but so is life, so why should I care.

Lauri

Guest Slidingtrancer

When I say goa they all stare at me like I'm some kinda of hippie from the stone-age and when I say psychedelic trance they stare at me in disblief of its very existence. I also hate that trance 3000 that's really big here in Holland, with producers not being able to switch presets during a complete 'álbum', no depth, no emotion, worth nothing and dispensable....

Most people here are into either cheezy eurotrance-stuff or r&B ( or both!!), 2 of the worst genres IMHO. Musicality in those genres is instead of a blessing, something 'not done'. My Plurs go out to these ignorant people who switched musical likings into whole entourages with glowsticks or 'acting like'someone from the Bronx. There was a whole West/East side thing going on in our busses a year or so back, it was so damn funny. Westside of Holland against the Eastside...

The whole thing has given oldschool rap and house a bad name, well thats what I think. When I turn the radio on sometimes I'm forced to turn it off , because I'm overflown by soft, simple music which hasn't got three keys innit ( not that that is a reason to dislike per se) and has got artificial emotion.

Same here goes for the radiostations which play the same 40 songs over and over again, day after day... Just because people are drawn to the everpresent middle of things, uncapable of choosing their likings. They would rather hear the same songs over and over again to please their very existence with the thought there is no better music and that chartmusic is the best of the music avalaible.

plur people

Guest Slidingtrancer

"Anyway, most people who don't like trance will not like psy either, so it's not like giving it a better name would change things. ''

I dont think thats true when I look at my case... I was always listening to rock/metal stuff b4 I even listened to trance. I hated the whole simple preset 4 cheezetrance-thing and I still do. Psychedelic trance and goa especially caught my attention right away though.

Some people say only people playing REAL instruments are real musicians, I always say there's something out there which is electronic and you will like. I think that's really true. There's so much electronica out there, there must be something people like I reckon.

in my country, i think its better to say "trance" cuz the other commonly used name "psycho" is allready adopted by the candy ravers and glowstick, pacifier, wistle crew. so now when someone ask me, i tell them i hear trance or goa.

What about to say:

"i do like clear-bright-dark-morning-minimalistic-full-on-psychedelic-trance'music from one hundred and thirty five to one hundred and fourty nine beats per minutes... and you, what your's ?"

Guest Psymijis

normal people dont know the difference betwin house , progressive , trance , psychedellic etc etc , so why bother explaining wich music do i listen , i just say electronic thats all.

Guest DJ Full Lotus

I don't like the 'goa' tag myself. Goa is a state on the west coast of India. I like to think I'm into Psychedelic dance music......but each to their own

I like Oakenfold, i dont know what that would be, cheezy or good, but I certainly don't like DJ Marski, DJ 2koolkris, the whole "progressive "@!#$...(those of u who live in U.S. know them)

don´t forget antiloop!

i must admit they have some cool sounds (as do darude in THE song, but not as good as antiloop) but the songs are built up in the same way as a usual song....about 3-4 mins long with a ref witch they play 5 times in a row the last minute....

and next time some ones asks me, ill think i go with O-live suggestion....

(clear-bright-dark-morning-minimalistic-full-on-psychedelic-trance'music from one hundred and thirty five to one hundred and fourty nine beats per minutes)

and this is not wasting time discussing this! : )

i am proud to have wasted such many peoples time on this post hehe