Which Synthesizer?

Guest shakra4

Hello out there:)

I'm lokking for a really good synthesizer that isn't too expensive- my favourite ones are roland but I don't know which one is the best for Goa/ Psychedeli -music??

Peerhaüs you can help me:)

Boom shankar

Guest Slidingtrancer

It's hard to say, what do you want? Squelchy sounds, leads>>>.

I would want the Nordlead 2 ( or 3) in any case or the Novation Supernova 2 for that matter, but there is a lot of nice analog stuff around

What do you consider expensive and what would be your budget?

Guest lifeform

Rolands not that great for psy music. Only semi-good anolog(digital) roland board is the JP-8000. And that's only has 2 parts to it. If your looking to get your first board i would recommend something that has atleast 6 mulitimbral parts. Novation boards are nice, as well as Clavia Nord Lead's (only has 4 parts?) but still good if your just recording. If you have a midicontroller i'd say an Access Virus B though if that's in your budgt range (1,200)

check out these links... Each site should have some samples so you can understand the powers of each

www.access-music.de/

www.novationusa.com

www.waldorf-gmbh.de/

www.clavia.se/

and if you live in the states... I just suggest ordering from nova musik (that is if you plan on ordering), they have really good deals most of the time.

www.novamusik.com

good luck. If you have any more questions you know where to post.

Guest lifeform

nova musik is great... but i really wish they'd update those "under construction" sections... They'd probably get alot more bussiness if they put those up... From me atleast.

Guest shakra4

Thank you very much my friends :)

I'll check the pages and I think with all your Help I'll find something good:)

So than I wish you a nice time!

Boom shankar and greetings from switzerland