Solartron ...?

I have had lying around for a couple of years some sound units made by Solartron - one is a random signal generator, one is a waveform generator.

They are old analog generators that were being thrown out by the university here, in favour of new digital things that can do the job well.

I know little about them, apart from that they were used to create sound frequencies so that their efect could be tested on molecules, stuff like that - I think anyway - also one of the modules can apparently make a sound at a frequency which destroys everything, i.e. reduces everything to a sub molecular level and would apparently turn everybody who heard it into a mess of pulpy squidgy stuff. Apparently anyway!

My question(s) is/are, is this kit of ay use to any producers? Or is it more a case of, the boxes I have (loads of nice dials by the way!) do just the same as a simple software-based waveform generator and as such are completely useless?

Why don't you just try? Sounds very interesting...

Real analog oscilators creates much richer, warmer and better sound than the digital synths/softsynths.

Well it might be little hard to use bcoz it propably doesn't have midi connections.

Guest etherdesign

It would probably be of use if you had a modular synthesizer with modules already so that you could feed it control voltage for it's pitch, gate, etc, if they even take that kind of signal.. Do they have like a bunch of 1/4" patch points on them?