Hmm help please !!!

Guest Slidingtrancer

Hey,

I can buy two different synths for the same price, I'm talking about the Yamaha DX-7iiD and the Yamaha AN1x. What would be the wisest buy? I'm gonna use it for studiowork, not for live performance or something ( in my dreams !!!).

Specs avalaible on http://www.vintagesynth.org

ANy comments ?

Guest Elysium Project

The AN1x... for sure....

The DX-7iiD is going to dissapoint you... it's a great synth for people into funk, disco ect. but not really for psy/ambient.

Guest Tranceptor

Slidingtrancer, I already said so... just buy the AN1x and stop whining about that dumb DX-7 iiD ..

So just go to the damn shop and buy it....

( damn these children)

Guest Elysium Project

lol.... Tranceptor.... but I do understand you Slidingtrancer... it's better to ask 2 times and gbe sure than to go out and buy a expensive thing when you're not sure...good luck and have fun with your new synth :-))

Guest Slidingtrancer

I'm so stoked, my first synth and from what I have heard I'll be able to buy something else because I have work for 2 more weeks :D

How much is a Phatboy? Or would it be wise to buy something else?

Guest Tranceptor

How much is the Q or Nordlead... prolly somewhere around $1500 right?

How do you people make these amounts of money ???

I make about 6$ an hour.... and I'm not sure whether I can work 5 days there... from next week on .... anyway...

I want the Nord lead, but its way above my budget

Guest Slidingtrancer

They are both sequencers with samples. I had a mc303 b4 and the DX-200 and AN-200 are prolly more usefull for a DJ or someone who is mildly interested in music and wants to check it out. As I don't do live performances (yet or any time in the future) I'm working on building a studio. I think both sequencers are very nice and wellpriced but not my cup of tea I guess.

Anyone have any thoughts about it?

Guest Slidingtrancer

Damnit, I just heard there was more wrong with the AN1x than anyone could have guessed. They ended up selling parts to the Yamaha man. Damnit, ever since I moved everythings going against me :( This house must be cursed or something.

Damnit, now I still dont have any synth or option to buy one :(

Guest Lifeform

Oh, man... That sucks!

Look on some classified sites like harmony-central.com or vintagesynth.com. You might be able to find one for even cheaper there. even ebay. If not a AN1X, maybe something else that'll catch your eye? Goodluck.