Sound module/source... which are the best ones?

I want lots of different acoustic instrument sounds... strings, flutes, percs, drums, ethnic instruments.. just everything.. and I want them in professional HIGH QUALITY multisampled.

No sample CDs... but gear which is ready to use.. ok maybe it could have some kind of sampler so that I could add more soundsets or something.

Any suggestions?

Thanks. :)

Guest etherdesign

How much do you want to spend?

The best bet for those kind of sounds would probably be a Roland module like the JV-1080, XV-5080, or maybe Triton rack.. although I think it would be best to get something like a Kurzweil K2000 and download the thousands of sampler programs for it that you can get free on the net, plus it is a very nice synth and has very good effects..

Guest Elysium Project

Only one way then... The Triton Rack... I have it and it is amazing.... even the inboard effects are of a extreme high quality... All sounds are real samples and completely realistic... and the rack is expandable... It even have a sampler that is just as good as Akai (it also read akai samples).... but here you get much more memory from the factory and the effect module will also work when you sample..... 10/10....

check it out on this site:

http://www.korg.com

Guest etherdesign

Yes the Triton-R is very good for the sounds it has, IMO the synthesis engine of the K2000 (which you can use in conjunction with any of the onboard sounds, or by itself) is better than the Tritons.. the sounds that come with the Triton are better I do agree.. but you can download thousands of kurzweil programs over the net, some excellent, alot not so great.. I think there is a major toss up between Triton and K2000.. but I do believe the K2000 synthesis engine is far superior.. but as before, the Triton has better onboard sounds.

Guest Elysium Project

Well I do not agree etherdesign.... It's a matter of taste... I see not difference in the engines.....by the way if you expand the Triton Rack with it's moss engine you will be able to create your own sounds a million times... :-))) way more that the K2000... you can also create your own sounds by combining the existing sounds and card sounds in almost everyway you please. I still say you get much more for your money when you buy the Triton Rack. Just the sampler which in my opinion beat teh K2000 many times is worth the money.... but hey that's just my opinion..

Thanks guys.. I checked the Triton rack and that seem to be exactly what I want. K2000 would bee cool also because Simon has it... hehe... well I think I'll go Triton when I have money.

Thanks. :)