Cubase/Logic/Nuendo

Okay.

Well, within the month I'm going to buy one of these titles, learn it, and use it. I've tried demos of all, but I don't quite have the time or patience to figure them out without a manual. Now that I have a synth I really think it's time I use some type of sequencing software.

I've heard good things about all and I know they're all very popular. I'd like some experienced suggestions :)

To help, I'm in a windows 2000 enviroment and I'll probably be using reaktor and other soft synths quite a bit.

thanks!

Guest Mike Indidginus

Windows 2000 is not very well optimised for multimedia apps. I use Windows 98 running Cubase 5/32 amongst other things. Ideally though you should use a Mac (inherently more stable)...

Cubase if your first learning. Logic if you dont have a job, which gives you extra time to learn a whole new operating system which could take months. and nuendo if your a millionaire : )

I run Cubase right now, basically easy to get started on. It's pretty much an automatic Logic Audio. I tried learning logic cause i know you can do lots more with it, but it's so difficult to learn. Never tried Nuendo, but heard it's a full blown cubase.

I run WIndows XP, and all my programs seem to work fine on it. Ya know... it's gotta cool function where you can set in the preferences what windows operating system you'd like it to run under. What it's supposed to be compatible with. I still wish i had a Mac though. Hope this helps.

Thanks 'CiD...that helps me a little :)

and Mike, I realize a mac would do me better (audio wise)...but, I've never had any stability problems with audio apps under windows 2000 yet...I can't say the same for 98

...haven't tried XP yet...

Guest Johan [Hokuz Pokuz]

since I prefere cubase, and it's a quite expensive program, i would choose cubasis (the cheaper version), or old cubase compact =) (like battle of the future buddhas)