Labels to send demos to ?

Has anyone got information about sending demo cds to record labels.

Which are the best labels try first. Will they listen to my stuff.

What other information do I need to send them with the cd ?

thanks for any help

Jc Down Under

Guest Slidingtrancer

I think it all depends on what kinda music you make. Is it scando sound, send it to Spiral trax

is it israeli, send it to hommega....

I think you should be careful to put demo's in a very high quality ( like cd-quality). It's a small effort to rip a song and release it under another name. I know the psytrance-scene has not met cases like this, but it can occur everyday...

You should also think about labels like Phantasm or Out Of Orion about quite melodic stuff ...

In general just see whose labels are new labels (by using our label releases search engine for example), and contact them, cause you have probably more chances to interest them if they just start their label, as they are probably looking for artists to work with ...

Guest Elysium Project

Send your demo to me:

I am A&R for Avatar Records.... I will give you a very fast feedback.....

Send it to:

Kristian Thinning

Hoejmose Vaenge 39, 2,th

2970 Hoersholm

Denmark

thinning@email.dk

Asia 2001

Toï Doï

Elyium Project

Voodoo People

X-Dream (Old stuff)

and many more new artists.

I am planning to send out a few at once, is that a good idea ? if yes then I will send it to you.

Also should I send the tracks in a lower quality mp3 like Slidingtrance explained above ?

thanx for your replys !

Guest Elysium Project

No you should send the music on a CD or DAT in full quality. It is up to you to send how many tracks you want....... There's no rules :-)

If you make sure that you have copyrighted your music (you should always do that) noone will be able to steal your music.......

If you send low quality tracks there's abig chance that no label will release it....

Take Care

Kristian

Guest Slidingtrancer

I understand Elysium, but please do be carefull to now give EVERYTHING away

I have heard more occasions where people were ripped off.

be careful out there :P

Guest Elysium Project

Why should I give the music to other people????

I am not interested in giving other labels the chance to release the music that I think would be good to release on Avatar......

I am also a musician so I would never dream of giving the music to friends or other dj's.... I know how it feels like to see your own music played all over the world 5 months before it's even released.....it sucks.....:-)

I emailed copyright Australia.

They advised me that if i print the copyright sign on the cd, and also that the fact that my music is already on a mdeium like cd or dat or md it automatically becomes my property

who knows.

@!#$ it! let someone illegally use my music, I'l sue them because i have all the files to prove its my music.

Avatar very soon I will be sending out my demo

Guest Jikkenteki

Registering your copywrite is the best thing to do, but in the US one thing alot of people do is take a recording of your track and mail it to yourself (don't open it once you recieve it). This creates a definate date as to when the track was made, via the postmark. That said, registering is still your best bet...

Guest Slidingtrancer

My advice was meant for the amount of tracks the topic-starter is gonna send. not you Elysium. Sorry for the misunderstanding, my fault.

Guest Elysium Project

I get it "slider" :-)

I look forward to recieve the Demo JC..... I will get back to you asp.

Good advice Jikkenteki...

Also make sure to get a publishing agency once your muisc is released.....

I am signed to Warner/Chappell and they do a lot of things for me......

And each year i get a nice fat cheque :-) - mechanical copyright royalties.....

Guest Elysium Project

A publishing agent will collect all the money owed to you from the distribution networks and copyright organisations in the countries that your music is released in...... it's also known as your mechanical rights....

It is not the same as the organistaions that collect your money from radio (air play), TV and so forth......

You should really look into the different organisations in your country.... I am also sure that some of them can give you some valuable advice........ there's different laws from country to country...

Try to get a good connection with the people you're sending your music to so you can get an idea of what kind of a person it is. Next: people that are making music are oftenly ( in my opinion ) more reliable than "Mr superstar DJ - that no one has ever heard of, that plays all the big parties( ! ) - and will never be seen again after he has laid his hand on your now fresh DAT / CD" probably because the know how much effort you put into a track and knows how bad it feels when someone rips you off. Follow mr Elysiums advice, make sure you get your mechanical royalties... it's a good way to get some money, that is way we are in this scene... ;-).

if you think the style is a bit dark and agressive.

you can send it to me:

Leviathan Records

C/o : Bjorn Jacobsen

Hyltebjergalle 21-3tv

dk 2720 vanlose

denmark

but it's up to you,

i keep the tracks private, as im a musician myself, and i had really really bad experiences with people copying my stuff....... :-)

cya

/C