Buying a midi-keyboard...

Guest Slidingtrancer

*writes another one down*

Is it a keyboard ?

(never heard of it)

Any links to reviews? I'm curious...

Anyway, thanx for the help so far, guys, It's really appreciated

PLUR

Right after i posted my earlier message a few days ago, i was browsing the www.m-audio.com website and i looks like they gotta cool looking midi controller with a few knobs and modulation / pitch bend wheel. Should be right on the front page cause it's brand new.

Guest Slidingtrancer

CID, thanx for that. It's really fucking cool :D Too bad there are no prices avalaible yet. It's exactly what I'm looking for, but it will probably be really expensive :(

Guest Eshanti Brahman

yeah, its about time I get rid of my Roland mc-505 as well hahaha.....it feels like @!#$ after I've been dugging into the world of softwares and vst....hehe

Guest Slidingtrancer

You really should get rid of it and spend the cash wisely eshanti :D

http://www.m-audio.com/products/midiman/oxygen8.htm

Too bad my favourite midi-keyboard has no price indication yet. I really want it!

Another thing that worries me is the following:

Midiman/ M-audio is based in the US and as I have no creditcard, how am I gonna get my 'damsel in distress' here?

When I look up 'dealers' I only get US dealers.. :(

( I live in Holland btw)

Check maybe? Money Order? Do they do that overseas? I live in the US, so i might be able to help you out getting your new controller, if ya want. email me

cidsounddesign@msn.com

Guest Slidingtrancer

I dropped a few mails and the Oxygen8 midi-keyboard will be around 175$ and the Surface one controller will be around 799$. I told the guy the 'Surface One' was clearly overpriced, that's way to much, even if it can talk like a barbie. For 799$ and a few extra bucks you can get a nice secondhand synth, why the hell would you buy the controller?

That's a good price man! That's probably list too.. It's always higher when the manufacturer gives out the price. I say wait a little bit and pick it up.

I've been looking at that surface one and after you look at it for a while , it looks very plain and cheap. like it would snap in a half after a month of use. And that 799 price tag doesn't help at all either.

Goodluck on your search. Let me know when ya get it. :)

Guest Slidingtrancer

I cannot grasp why it would cost 799$. I'm gonna pick up that Oxygen8 for sure, I'm just a bit dissapointed the surface one is so expensive. It has some cool option, but...

The guy from the mail said it was worth it, so I asked him whether it could speak to me and do my laundry. He said no, so I said well why would I bother then?

The guy said you could edit parameters in Cubase, Logic and stuff with the Surface One, well that's cool! But who needs an external controller to do just that?