which program to use??

hey all...

i have decided to start making music, but i dont know what programs to use...

can i please get some tips on wich program to use?

and is it importatnt to have a synth or can u use a software-synth and a keyboard?

And how to conect the keyboard or synth to my computer??

there´s many queastion and i will be grateful if you took your time and answer at least some of them :)

/////Cal

Guest Protex Midget

Hey. If you are starting, then you should probably use mostly software and not hardware, because hardware is expensive, and software you can find for free on the net. So - Software:

Your software based studio should consist of a good sequencer such as Acid pro.

The latest version is Acid Pro 3, but 2 is just fine. Next, you shoud get a program like Reason. Reason consists of a drum generator, sampler, effects, filters etc...

For audio editing you should get soundforge 5. Cool edit is also OK.

Another good program wich you can use for mastering is T-Racks.

Thats about it for begginers. If you get serious about it, then you can start getting equipt with hardware. Don't forget that you need a powerfull CPU, lot's of memory and a good sound card to get your studio running.

Protex Midget

Guest mkay11......

probably a cheap midi keyboard for the programs cause it would make life alot easier and prepare you for the eventual buy of a synth.....

Guest Elysium Project

Use Logic Audio - not cheap sequencers like the recommended - mentioned above.... If you can not afford it...you can find it via Hotline for free...

Guest psybrat

i think you should start with fruity loops .. then go on to other programs ..

basically, try out all the programs .. see what is more easier and natural for u ..

start with that one ... then u progress on to others ..

love and light,

psybrat

Guest mkay11......

well if you are going to eventually buy hardware and a synth for that matter....

it is good for practice....get the feel for keyboards and learn ways of playing the keyboard.....can't strike the qwerty keyboard the way you can a synth......qwerty keyboards and mouses i find are a bit painful......then when you strike middle c or any other note and it appears in cubase or reasons piano roll you start getting the feel for notes and of their where abouts........not everyone knows music and have a form of training with notes scales etc etc.......

just my opinion..........

Guest Elysium Project

Hotline is a program where you connect to other peoples computers and download/upload software....... here is the address where you can get the Hotline Client program for free:

http://www2.bigredh.com/hotline3/

or

http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0-32917...lst-7-1.6374465

After installing the program you connect to a "tracker" that will connect you to a list of computers/servers....... just click the servers that you find interesting and hotline will connect for you..... you might have to upload a program to get a account but some are still completely free for guests.....

The hotline tracker address is:

http://www.hotlinehq.com/search.html

Haver fun.....

Guest Elysium Project

To akindo:

Well yes you can do that but in my opinion the music are much better when you actually play the lines on a keyboard...at least that is what I do.....

thx Elysium Project.

programming the notes, isn´t that extremly difficult to create music, get the feeling of it, and it must take some time...but i guess its cheaper...anyone know of such a software????

Tak Elysium! If I buy a Nord Micromodular (which I am planning to do [my first synth]), can I connect an old MIDI keyboard to it's MIDI In and use it to play the notes? Thanks for any help!

Guest mkay11......

in the manual this one of the first chapters......

and yes is your answer just as long as they are set to

recieve on the same channel you should have no problems...

Guest Spirit Of India

Interesting Topic...

Well, i use alot (but alot!!!) of software & a midi keyboard to play the notes as elysium said.

I actually don't like hardware (& i used hardware if u ask).

If u r more pro, u should get a program like Cubase & use vst & vsti.

BUT!!!----->if u'll use Buzz, u can reach the same results.

And why? becasue buzz is modular & u can make every sound u wish with it.

Today, there r some new improvments to buzz, such as an extended hd recorder & new features & bug fixes.

Just dl the FULL buzz pack at: http://www1.oli.tudelft.nl/avdl1064/buzzma...ines/BuzzME.exe

and see for ur self...

buzz is great for goa & can produce some top-notch sounds->trust me.

Many famous artists use buzz & it is well known in the "pro" world :)))