Celtic scale

Guest schism

btw- u notice a lot of celtic melodies in posford's other work? hallucinogen has a lot of these melodies, not just the obvious ones either...

Thanks schism... yes... some tracks in The Lone Deranger album are Celtic'ish sounding.

And btw I got this answer from one guy...

Celtic music makes a lot of use of the mixolydian and dorian modes and pentatonic scales. Another one of the elements of Celtic music is the use of microtonal bends as found in blues and Arabic music e.g.if I was playing a tune that used C Mixolydian on acoustic guitar I would bend the the flatted 7th so that it would give a sound between the flatted 7th and the major 7th. Celtic music is highly ornamented, it uses a lot of slurs, bends and grace notes if you look at pieces transcribed for the guitar you invariably see lots of very fast hammer ons and pull offs and lots of slides and bends. Guitarists who play Celtic music often tune their guitars to DADGAD which is also known as G modal.