reaktor

Guest tripped

Ok, i have the software called reaktor 2 and i trying to do on it something for almost a week and can't understand how the @!#$ it works, i need basic help to start with it from were i will continue by myself, PLZ HELP ME !!!!

It's a synthesizer which you can play if you have a midi keyboard... and you can record your playing as midi data to Cubase(or Cakewalk or Logic)... you can also "draw" the notes to Cubase if you can't play.

:)

You should check all the files in the library, pretty diverse stuff, and especially the ones in the folder "tutorial workshop" which are simpler.

Then you load it into cubase as a vst instrument and if you know how cubase work you're set.

Also a basic understanding of substractive synthesis could help.

Guest AtomicCow

Is it possible to use reaktor without cubase and without a midi keyboard? I never used or seen reaktor before. Is it anything like Generator?

Guest hujaboy

Reactor is a modular synth, which means you can build almost any kind of sound on it.

Generator was the previous version of reactor.

Reactor 3 was released a month ago and it is an amazing program.

Tripped... to start doing stuff with it the best thing you can do is using it as vsti.

And play with it's presets, I can't tell you how to build a synth because it will take me 2 hours just to write it down.

Good luck and get version 3 it has more presets and it is more user friendley.