Astral Projection - Structural Schematics ?

deepmoon

Hi all , some years ago i came across this beautiful track in youtube called "astral projection - structural schematics", i never listened it in a set or any other source excepting this youtube link, the uploader says its an unreleased track from 2003, anyone here have more infos ? what happened with this ? why such a beautiful track is unreleased ? Someone in the comments says he "possibly" has or had it in his mp3s , was it shared somewhere ? i really need a full copy for my digital collection if it was shared somewhere or someone have it please, as it seems now too old for a possible future release. Thanks in advance.

It's a great track, but I doubt it's an Astral Projection track from 2003. It's not reminiscent of their sound back then. If it is a 20 year old AP track I think we should have heard it in their live sets. I could be of their newer tracks, at least I'm hoping it is. Hopefully that talked about upcoming album will be released, and this track will be on it. Or maybe it has been reworked into another track. I'm just guessing, nevertheless, great track!

On 7/7/2023 at 1:10 PM, Trolsk said:

It's a great track, but I doubt it's an Astral Projection track from 2003. It's not reminiscent of their sound back then. If it is a 20 year old AP track I think we should have heard it in their live sets. I could be of their newer tracks, at least I'm hoping it is. Hopefully that talked about upcoming album will be released, and this track will be on it. Or maybe it has been reworked into another track. I'm just guessing, nevertheless, great track!

For me too it sounds a little bit different to the astral projection style but some sounds are familiar with them, also its strange that i never listened this track in their sets, i hope someone will give more infos about this mystery.

8 hours ago, deepmoon said:

For me too it sounds a little bit different to the astral projection style but some sounds are familiar with them, also its strange that i never listened this track in their sets, i hope someone will give more infos about this mystery.

I agree 0:50-2:21 doesn't sound like typical AP, but the rest could be AP.

I've sent a message to Avi Nissim @ FB and asked him about the track. Not expecting a reply, but worth a try. 

12 hours ago, Trolsk said:

I agree 0:50-2:21 doesn't sound like typical AP, but the rest could be AP.

I've sent a message to Avi Nissim @ FB and asked him about the track. Not expecting a reply, but worth a try. 

Great, please let me know if you get something.

It doesn't really sound like astral, especially not for 2003. It has a more amateurish sound imho compared to them. Especially the main lead towards the end seems a bit simple.. A slow lfo modulating cutoff on a pwm lead sound wasn't really their style in 2003, just seems a bit basic for ap! And at that time they had a very advanced sound (amen). It fits more with their 1996 style but I really doubt it's astral. 

Looking forward to seeing who it may be, cause its a pretty nice track. 

Edit: and since the sound quality of the clip is very low it's even harder to really hear if its an ap mix or another artist :)

I wish its not an astral projection track, just to have more chances to find it full as it can be released under a different artist name and maybe it was wrongly tracklisted, but as i said some sounds are very similar to what AP used even if the style of the whole track is more progressive and different to the well known AP style during all the years, the investigations continues...

On 7/12/2023 at 2:32 PM, Plusminus said:

I think it's Skarma. He started producing Goa Trance in 2002 and his style is similar to Astral. Sometimes it just seems that this is the Astral. He has a lot of unreleased tracks, an album was released in June, you can listen and compare his sound.

His current sound is too intense, I don't think it aligns with the mystery unreleased track.

I'm not familiar with Skarma's older output, but I listened to the album you suggested and it lacks melody, and what's special about this unreleased track is the melody.

On 7/17/2023 at 5:34 PM, astralprojection said:

Who is The Messenger?? 🤔

My guess is the Facebook Messenger app. :D As for the track itself, not bad.. nice morning vibe, inspired perhaps by the Liquid Sun track and its pads. It sure has some AP similarities, but my guess too would be on someone inspired by AP if I had to bet money on it. Because to my ears the signature AP leads, bass, AP Kick Drum and synthesizers etc aren't there. I would love to be proven wrong tho, since I don't think unreleased AP tracks are particularly common. Except maybe within the inner DAT collecting circles among the artists/labels.

And also with AP tracks in general I always think of a "big sound" this of course could be lacking in an early demo track or unmastered one. Because that to me is a bit of their signature, the tracks sound big, full and very well sculpted in the mix.

On 7/17/2023 at 2:05 PM, Plusminus said:

I wrote Skarma to the messenger. There is no answer yet.
For now, I suggest listening to his set from old tracks (2014). Every track in this mix have Astral Projection vibe.

Now I hear what you're getting at! This definitely has more of an AP vibe than his latest album.

Let's hope he replies back to you. Even a negative reply is positive when trying to identify an unknown track. 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

The source of the track has been identified. It's from a John Fleming mix, and it's labelled as an Astral Projection track called Structural Schematics (starts at 52.07). A Fleming remix of Mahadeva was released back in 2004 and he's one of the most well known trance djs, so it's not unlikely that he had access to unreleased AP material.

6 hours ago, Trolsk said:

The source of the track has been identified. It's from a John Fleming mix, and it's labelled as an Astral Projection track called Structural Schematics (starts at 52.07). A Fleming remix of Mahadeva was released back in 2004 and he's one of the most well known trance djs, so it's not unlikely that he had access to unreleased AP material.

Yes mate, thats me who answered you in the youtube link, but what i found strange is that AP never played it in their sets, al least the available sets on internet...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Trolsk said:

Daym cool. 😎 Nice detective work if true. So that would place it closely in time between the Amen album from 2002 and Ten from 2004, if correctly attributed to AP. And depending of course on when it was actually produced. 

The Skarma live set posted above, sounded a bit closer to Omegahertz stylewise than AP. So I assumed that if Skarma made the track in question, that he had different styles.

Could it be that the track if made by AP wasn't mastered? Due to beeing unreleased. And thus perhaps lacking some of the energy/big sound one has come to associate with them? Even so I love these blind listening challenges! Our pre-conceived notions often gets us. Goa Trance Placebo phenomena. ;) 

If AP has more unreleased tracks I wouldn't mind an album with old stuff. 

• 2 months later...

On 7/6/2023 at 8:17 PM, deepmoon said:

some years ago i came across this beautiful track in youtube called "astral projection - structural schematics", i never listened it in a set or any other source excepting this youtube link, the uploader says its an unreleased track from 2003

This is a very interesting track from 2003, of course, even John '00' Fleming played that track in 2003, which the year is most likely confirmed.

On 7/10/2023 at 4:46 AM, astralprojection said:

It doesn't really sound like astral, especially not for 2003. It has a more amateurish sound imho compared to them. Especially the main lead towards the end seems a bit simple.. A slow lfo modulating cutoff on a pwm lead sound wasn't really their style in 2003, just seems a bit basic for ap! And at that time they had a very advanced sound (amen). It fits more with their 1996 style but I really doubt it's astral. 

On 7/6/2023 at 8:17 PM, deepmoon said:

Someone in the comments says he "possibly" has or had it in his mp3s , was it shared somewhere ? i really need a full copy for my digital collection if it was shared somewhere or someone have it please, as it seems now too old for a possible future release.

Nice detective work! From what I was told, someone told a user who uploaded that track he had his mp3 somewhere, if we can find that track, unless someone might be lying... but it won't be ruled out. Anyway, a user told that track that it was Astral Projection - Structural Schematics, from 6 years ago, and rave_on confirmed it. But if it's not  Astral Projection, we'll find what track this track actually is, released or unreleased.

Edited by ivanthedictatormusic
minor edit

23 hours ago, ivanthedictatormusic said:

This is a very interesting track from 2003, of course, even John '00' Fleming played that track in 2003, which the year is most likely confirmed.

Nice detective work! From what I was told, someone told a user who uploaded that track he had his mp3 somewhere, if we can find that track, unless someone might be lying... but it won't be ruled out. Anyway, a user told that track that it was Astral Projection - Structural Schematics, from 6 years ago, and rave_on confirmed it. But if it's not  Astral Projection, we'll find what track this track actually is, released or unreleased.

Yes, the youtube cut is taken from that john 00 fleming exposure 2003 set, i hope someone will share a full copy mp3 one day.