Scandinasia

a4266061663_10.jpg

Project : OmegaHertz

Title : Accelerating Universe

Format : Single

Label : Elxis Discographic

Genre : Goa Trance

Release Date : 02/22/2021

I am one to believe that whoever really wants to enjoy a fragment of music needs to understand the intent that preceded its creation. Only then will its true purpose be shared from mind to mind. To say that music is an assembly of sounds is like saying that a book is an assembly of words. We need to be touched by something more meaningful, lest our journey into sound becomes vain and futile, and the songs we once loved fall one by one deep down the pit of blank memories.

This is Accelerating Universe, a recent release by Dimitrios Pouranis, from Athens. A rumbling of scorching acid, disorderly melodies and vocal samples from astrophysicists. This is the kind of track that gets under the radar easily. With less than 70 views on Youtube, you can't tell that it's a succesfull piece of Goa. Yet, it is one of the only 3 Goa songs that brought me to tears. Listening to it while you read this review will help you understand why.

I shall talk of the human heart. It might be the most precious thing in the universe, the utmost delicate flower of all Creation. Yet, few will contest that it also is one of the most fragile things in existence. Lighter than a butterfly, and weaker than a bacteria. Your heart was meant to give you joy and contemplate wonders, and yet it becomes the receptacle of pain, and when it is too much, it breaks like glass falling to the ground, or becomes as heavy as a stone.

Yet we live surrounded by the wonders we were meant to ponder upon. A glaze at the nightsky will make you dream of distant nebulas and fiery stars. Once you have understood this, you can appreciate this song.

In the beginning of the song, there is enthousiasm. It means life. And then, at 01:21, a voice comes and talk to you :

All life is precious, and I will endure. The world is full of wonders and you can still feel beauty.

And at 2:14, the heart responds :

I am broken and shattered. My tears are blinding me and life has made me sick.

But I do remember that somewhere out of here, the sky is in a daze.

The ever-expanding beauty of the Universe is greater than my pain.

Even when I cry at night, the nebulas are flowing, and the galaxies are spinning.

So this shall be my song. I will forgive myself.

The voice of the broken heart is a broken voice. It is made hoarse by grief, and comes out as clumsy and stumbling, like an injured body learning to walk again.

And yet, it sings loudly and with radiating hope. Even if my heart is broken, I still remember

that the Universe is accelerating, dwarfing all sadness.

This is a song that dissolves my pain into cosmology. Indeed, what will be left of my pain when a magnifying Sun will turn all things into light and propel new kinds of metal all around the Galaxy ?

My broken heart will be blown like the seeds of a new civilization, and I will become one with the Universe, with its rainbows of colors and sounds.

04:43 And even in the darkest places, my light keeps shining.

5:52 So sing with me, and be happy.

7:23 I know at last that there is peace among the stars.

Bandcamp link : https://omegahertzgr.bandcamp.com/track/accelerating-universe

• Like 1