What happened to Badajalash ?

DutchieDJ

Hello everybody, 

I manage a bunch of Psytrance playlists on Spotify, including "Psytrance: Full On Progressive".   

The reason for this post is my hope that somebody might be able to point me in the right direction.  About 6-7 years ago, I stumbled upon some tracks by an Argentinian Psytrance producer named Badajalash  (alias for Esteban Alejandro Macias). To this date I feel that his tracks were very progressive and in some ways ahead of their time. (I don't expect everybody to agree with this opinion).  He released some tracks back in 2010 and 2011 and then suddenly "disappeared".  He had some accounts on MySpace, SoundCloud, and an artist page on Facebook. All of them went dead.  He did appear to have uploaded something to MySpace in 2014, but I am not too sure. 

He created his own record label, Selknam Records, but that label isn't around anymore either. His Facebook artist page shows more information but , again, it all comes to a full stop in 2011. 

I have tried to locate him under his real name on Facebook, but without any luck. 

For me it is very hard to imagine that he simply gave up on music altogether and I hope that nothing bad happened.  I would love a chance to ask him about his old releases and, hopefully, he is still active in the music industry. 

Any help would be appreciated, 

Yves

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2018 at 4:48 PM, awanteelpsyvieja said:

i'm from argentina and never heard of him. i'm listening to his "new universo" EP and it's really good. this thread shouln't die, what happened to this guy?

progressive, groovy, always changing and still fresh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT6J5YgbFlw

Thanks for taking the time to respond. 

Frankly, I hope everything is alright with him.  He abruptly stopped creating music and gave up on his newly founded record label.