Not minimal, not melodic, maximal

Guest bugbread

Does anyone have any recommendations for music that doesn't have a strong melody line, but isn't minimal, and just has heap on top of heap of sounds in it? Like putting 5 or 6 GMS songs on top of eachother?

Guest phaeton

i agree wholeheartly: ubar tmar - true !!!

one of the most 'maximal' and _psychedelic_ trance albums ever without a doubt!

haltya kicks ass as well, and you might also want to check out some of the psy harmonics stuff from a few years ago .. best cd to start with in that style would imo be the 'hacking the reality myth' compilation on psy harmonics ... brilliant mindblowing maximal psytrance tunes :)

Guest spiralix

Flying rhino has a realease that i so awesome!! Psychological effects or something! by cypher! its found on the time reevolution cd!... im not toataly sure of the name! hehe!

Guest bugbread

Thanks, folks, excellent suggestions. I know you're all on the right track because a few of the bands you've listed (Haltya, Ubar Tmar) are some of my favorites. Looking forward to checking the other ones out!

Stormbringer, L-Winn, phaeton,

Haltya's the FIRST album that came to mind for me as well.

Bugbread,

Too bad you've heard it :)

Let's see....

I'm going to have to recommend the unreleased album by Random (he never got anything released for some reason... but he's on my top 5), called Psychoactive. It might not be as crazy as these, but you can be certain in the middle of those tracks it will definitely be "gushing."

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-

got something planned for this music er just lookin for cool new stuff?