Tsunami, NYC Party

Went to the party...... infected couldn't show up because of a strike in tel aviv airport.... held in vinyl.... 2 guys played, yon-e and tristan./

Truthfully i wasn't impressed at all by yon-e's set.... his levels were all over the place and his selection was kind of repetitive minimal..... his mixing wasn't bad, but this guy needs to learn about the music.. minimal on top of minimal pisses off anyone, just like full-on for 10 hours gives you a head ache/

tristan played from 4-9.. again he was into minimalism for about 2 hours... the party got good after 6, when he started to get more variety into his set.... he closed it off exceptionally with bamboo forest, talamasca, sun project, alien project etc... but considering his name and the fact that tristan has been playing for so many years, i was not very impressed by him.// he played alien project - genetic eyes twice..... which was again surprising, since it is a good track but not all that fresh anymore.

all in all i came out of the party kind of surprised, since i have pretty much all the tracks that the crowd liked. the crowd was very cool though and that was what saved the party... the psychedelic drapes were very nice as well..

all in all it was worth it, but sitting and reflecting on this party, i am shocked that a young 21 year old like me could spin a more interesting set then both the dj's there. i was dissapointed by tristan, because i expected a lot more out of him...

anyway if anyone was there, tell me what you guys thought....... it is always good to get other points of view, because i am sure some of you thought tristan was very good,, the brit crew liked him i am sure, especially this one woman who kept shouting tristan's name after every 10 minutes....

anyway tell me what you guys thought,,,,,,

Guest brandon

I was also at this party...I thought Yon-E played some really killer tracks, who cares if it was all minimal. UNFORTUNATELY, I got kicked outta the club around 4 a.m. and didn't get to see Tristan:( And yes, very cool crowd :)

Guest Mescalinium

I didn't make it to this one, but I've been to many Tsunami events in the past. Personally, I prefer the Synthetic Sadhus monthly gatherings. Sure, it's a bitch going all the way out to Queens, but I think the crowd and the decor is usually better (less eurotrash if you know what I mean). And HALLUCINOGEN is coming on the 1st. I'll definately be at that one!

my god did this party suck ass. absolutely the very worst tsunami ever (and i was at the crap party at bb kings). now im not gonna blame it on infected not showing up. ill give you the reasons

1. music was lame. yep lame lame lame. yon-e played a few cool tracks, but there was no consistancy or progression through the set.

2. music was lame. tristan....what in the hell was he doing? it sucked. i love minimal..and i didnt really hear much minimal..like the two people above said. what i heard was boring psytrance..which i guess could sound like bad minimal. i dont know..it was just crap. now i will admit that i leaft before the end (around 6ish)...as i just couldnt stand it anymore so i didnt hear the end of his set...but still..why do we have to wait till the end of the night to hear some good music?

3. vinyl. ok i remember old tsunamis at vinyl and they were fantastic...but tsunami is too big for that place now. it was way way too crowded..i go to dance and when theres absolutely no room to dance it sucks.

tsunami has realy been doggin it lately. huge amounts of time between parties and then when they do have them theyre not too good. whats going on over there. sythetic sadhus has been getting better and better (except for the fact they went back to the amazura..a truly horrible horrible place) and tsunami is getting worse and worse. what happend to the days of mars 2112 and the world..those were damned good parties.

and i have a beef with them letting people in for 25 bucks instead of 30...big deal we all could have gotten in for 25 anyway with the stupid print out from the website. if the main attraction doesnt show up (infected) take 5 off the price with the flyer.

whew! hehe do i sound bitter? i dont mean to sound like whiny brat...i just needed to vent. the whole nite was a bust. im just very dissapointed with tsunami lately. i still love them though and ill still go to all the parties they have.

and my last gripe is...sythetic needs to go back to the roxy. that was the best place of all. fucking amazura....i know so many people (at least 15) who refuse to go there cuz it sucks so bad. why wont they open up the god damned chill out room??????? i still havent made up my mind if want to go there or not.

hey brandon....were you the guy from bayside?

I thought the party sucked ...

the music was bad ... I cldnt really understand what Yon-e did for most of the night ... and he just gave me a headache by 6 am ... I stuck around till 7 am so I cldnt hear much of tristan`s set .. but even he did not impress me much to begin with. Saw a lot of the same ppl from the synthetic gatherings, so I dont think the crowd was exceptionally good .. nothing out of the ordinary really .. and a lot of ppl didnt seem to be enjoying themselves too much.

Apparently, my friends say, he was very good from 7 to 9, but the rest of the night was so bad that even tht cld not have done anything to save it .. I spoke to the old guy with white hair (i think he`s the person who organises tsunami parties), and even he did not seem very happy with the night.

I hope tsunami does a better job next time .... !!!