Internationalism Vol.3 - Galactic Trance Legends (Spiral Trax Records)

Blubber

2 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the Music

• 5/5 - Badass
    • 4/5 - Hot Sauce
    • 3/5 - Fingerfood
    • 2/5 - Low Carb
    • 1/5 - No ass

spt1cd039_b.jpg

1. Total Eclipse - Supernova

2. Colin OOOD, Outer World Elements - Train Of Thought

3. Pleiadians - Pleione (Morning Mix)

4. Mumbo Jumbo - Holographic Demons (Cosmosis Remix)

5. Arkanoydz - Lothlorien

6. Chromosome - Spirit Molecule (Vimana Remix)

7. Alien Project - One Good (Stryker Remix)

8. Saikopod - Pling Pong (2016 Redeaux)

9. Shakta - Lepton Head (Astro-D Remix)

10. Saafi Brothers - Dub Six Version

spiral trax was one of the pioneering labels that brought big acts to the surface – vibrasphere, human blue, atmos, noma, s>range – their history dates back to the glorious 1997. only a few years later i came in touch with them and till now spiral trax owns quite a few of my favourite classics.

after times of silence and lowprofiling the label reappeared somehow out of the overcrowded musicmarket not so long ago and says hello again – this time with the galactic trance legends. i think the internationalism compilation series doesn't belong to the strongest outputs, but a look at the tracklist let us expect some nicely-finely-hero-party.

let's start with the obvious:

one of the strongest tracks here deliver oood and partners. this train moves almost constantly, pushing beat and melody.

pleiadians pleione mix is a endless generic trance hymn. on the other side, this is surely great to listen to loud with a ibiza beachparty crowd, sundowning after exhausting tourist-travel-trips.

cosmosis brings some psychedelic twist into the room. i like how the track pops around some psy tricks. spiral passages and tonal excursions bring groove and atmosphere into the mumbojumbo.

surprises:

saikopods redeaux falls a lil bit out of place here but it is a charming stomper. playful, tribalistic, and nonserious. how different to the older version? i don't know, but this funky thing surprised me.

and yeah lepton head. astro-d works out the original main theme into a pleasing fullon child. too big is danger to completely ruin a true classic but genre is genre, folks.

the rest of the fest is peaceful energytrance:

the total eclipse starts smooth into the genre's territory.

arkanoydz need a mystic chant intro to get into the track. it is oldfashioned, living from the mystic setting and typical cardriving.

vimana's version of spirit molecule is less emotional, less melodic, less cake. it's a reduced version, focusing on strong groove and expected breakdowns, it's less overbording and nice, but be honest, it's middle-fodder.

stryker's tribal undertone gives a nice listening experience, although there's really no exceptional specialness.

saafi brothers can't make a bad tune, at least not for me. this dubby downtempo ender chills you down, back to beach. nothing spectacular but down-to-earth and humble.

lovers of the galactic melodytrance will appreciate this for sure, the veterans show some skills and pills and so. a bit on the surface but never falling into cheesehill-craters. nothing here strikes as hard as only future classics might strike – but for sure this is great on dancefloors not only in ibiza.

to me, i can enjoy most of these tunes when i need some lighterbrighterfluff, as a critic i find this only okay.

i'm really really curious if spiral trax will come back to its earlier strength, releasing classics and strong debuts, i would love to see some atmos-noma-vibraspheres back in the ring. good luck spiral trax, honest wishes to u people of the label. please don't mind that my expectations are strangely not too high anymore...