Diversion Pad Design and CPU Saving Method (up to 90%)

Hey guys, I just wanted to share a little technique I discovered to save a massive amount of cpu while using diversion. It has it's benefits and obvious drawbacks, but I think the benefit of using Diversion to its full potential ( which most often isn't possible :lol: ) is worth it. I mean, try using full unison and stereo spread while holding down 8 sustained notes, sounds really great but isn't practical when fitting into a track and doing sound design. If you follow along you will see a method to save cpu of up to 90% on a patch -- sorry, I don't have a microphone (fair warning :hihi: ). I used the stream to wave function directly into an oscillator. The trick is to record a single note with as much detune as you want, then turn it off once you stream the single note into an oscillator. Which you can then play chords with, add more effects and modulations, etc. You could also record playing a full stack chord of 8 notes etc and insert into an osc to save even more cpu, but you'd have to then just play a singe a midi note to get the same effect.

Another trick, if you find yourself creating a patch and it starts to stutter and you want to use this method, just remember to disable any filters, fx, arp or gates before you stream into an oscillator, or you will find that the sound isn't the same. Also pay attention to any pitch related settings like keytrack, and octave settings, which you'll need to disable if you want the sound to be the same if you stream directly into the same oscillator. If you have really high res settings and you stream the same oscillator back into itself without disabling the filter, you would then have twice the resonance - which probably won't sound good and might be dangerous even :lol: Cheers!