Wizzy Noise - The Timeline Remixes (Candyflip Records 2004)

DeathPosture

Wizzy Noise – The Timeline Remixes

cfr1cd008.jpg

Format: CDM

Artist: Wizzy Noise

Title: Timeline Remixes

Label: Candyflip Records

Cat. #: CD CF08

Year: 2004

Track listing:

01. 07’54” Wizzy Noise – Timeline (Vibrasphere Remix)

02. 08’30” Wizzy Noise – Timeline (Neologic Remix)

03. 07’31” Wizzy Noise – Timeline (Wizzy Noise Remix)

04. 08’04” Wizzy Noise – Timeline (Charasmatix Remix)

05. 08’56” Wizzy Noise – Timeline (Blue Planet Corporation Remix)

Review:

Candyflip Records is at it again…

Now this is really interesting… First off all, Timeline was one of the less appreciated tracks from Wizzy Noise’ 3rd album Elecktro Theater… Well, in my opinion at least… But this CDM certainly makes up for that… The real remarkable thing about this release is the diversity in both “time” and genre… Ranging from 1996-old school goa style to cutting edge neo-full on… From progressive Scandinavian trance, to dark, distorted German techno-trance… We go almost full scale here, and I really, really like that… Let’s get on with the tracks one by one…

#01: Ahh… From the first second you just know it’s Vibrasphere… Their trademark progressive Scandinavian sound is present through-out this track… Rickard & Robert have found their niche, and damn, I hope they never stray from that, ‘cause this is so damn good! So clear, so crisp, so delicious! Sounds like a cookie, huh? Well, I’ll have a whole plate! And hey, nothing it wrong with your hearing! [You’ll understand once you’ve listened to the track!] This CDM is worth the money for this track alone! Amazing track!

#02: Neologic… More like neurological, ‘cause this could very well affect your nervous system! I’m not the biggest fan of the Israeli neo full-on, but I know a lot of people are… This is however, a definite dance floor burner, and there is nothing wrong with that… Decent track!

#03: Wizzy Noise remixing Wizzy Noise… How awkward! When I first saw the track list, I thought “Where the hell is the original? They could have tossed it in!?” This Wizzy Noise remix does however resemble the original from Elecktro Theater quite a bit… So, it’s kinda like it’s here… Let me just stress though, that this IS a reworked version, it’s been polished up, and the melodies are re-vamped! The nifty little acid part in the middle from the original track is also intact… Nice track!

#04: Charasmatix, the German tekKno-stomper hits us hard with this brutal assault… Not much is left from the original, though it’s not all gone… It’s dark, it’s hard, it’s percussion driven, it’s for those late nights where you just want some serious bass banging! Decent track!

#05: Laaaaadies and gentlemen, let’s take a trip back to 1996! French veterans Blue Planet Corporation delivers an old school melodic walk down memory lane… The magical 303s in this track will send instant shivers down your spine… Pure melodies, pure bliss, pure heaven! Bom Shankar! ;o) Fantastic track!

It’s rare to see so much diversity in a remix CD… This is more like a compilation… And that’s a good thing… Surely, there is something here for almost any taste in electronic music. Not much is left from the original track, but this just goes to show how much talent the different producers have… A very interesting release – I wouldn’t miss it!

8/10

Favourites: 1 (!!), 3, 5 (!!)

DeathPosture

External links:

Candyflip Records: www.candyflip-records.com

Wizzy Noise: www.wizzynoise.com

Psyshop: www.psyshop.com (soundclips available)

[Note: This review was written on the basis of a promo CD sent to me by Candyflip Records – look out for this in the record shops very soon!]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest simon

The blue planet corp mis is amazing. John fleming has been playing it including his 30 min radio 1 set recently.

Can't wait to get this.