the end of Psy trance?

Guest Kiph T. Elephant

yeesssss nooooooo???!!! Psytrance is only a name... as long as there is good music who cares???? or is it? nooo? mayyyyybeeee?????? perhaaaaaps?????

psilo: "real psy died years ago ..."

and what´s your definition of real psytrance?

i think psytrance isn´t going to end or die...

it´s just evolving into new dimensions.

which is a great thing since i consider

progress to be one of the key elements in in this scene.

but that´s just my two cents :)

Probably will be like some shitty rock, don't know much abour rock, but i think almost nobody makes any real rock anymore except Tool etc. Maybe in future well still call this Psytrance even though it's far from where it started from, Evolving into new dimensions sounds fine, but i think the fact is that everything that starts from underground movement is at it's best in the beginning, from there it's downhill and won't ever be as good/fresh as it was in the best days, for sure there will be some left and good psy also, but genereally speaking.

I mean just look at Isratrance forum, every shitty release and they go jumping: Oooh Dancefloor K1ll3r!!! Astrix please let me lick your ass man! I start feeling always sick when i read that forum.

Psytrance will never die, there is a lot of good stuff being released ALL the time, and I think the "new" full-on style is very nice and powerful ...

I like both the old goa sound and the new full-on goa sound, for me its a natural progression that had to happen ...

people want powerful music .....

(IMHO)

well this actually happens with every music genre: first you have a handfull of very skilled artists making a certain type of music out of passion. Then more and more people like it, more and more people talk about it and more and more people start producing it. So music of lesser and lesser quality is churned off at ever increasing speeds... It happened to techno, it happened to "normal" trance, it happened to jungle, it happened to hardcore... so it was logical that one day it was gonna happen to psytrance as well. It's odd cause in a way the scene is thriving and more alive than ever cause more and more people are involved, on the other hand it becomes harder to find quality stuff...

SMI²LE

well, I belive psyrtance will not die yet but not for it`s original value but becouse it`s just an other gener in the electronic familly. The psychedelia on the songs has already died; IMO becouse of the comercial fullon style lacking of real psychedelia but formulas.

.::v4K

Yap, it almost died....I agree with everyone that new full on changed psychedelic genre in its core and from various psychedelic melodies and dementia we get formulaic copy/paste out of every second artist that is making psy these days....But I think is irrelevant to debate non stop around it...The scene is dying no matter how much is spreading...Lemmi had a good point...the more you make, the less is good...It is ironic too much but what the heck...We still have all of that old stuff that I still collect and don't care that much for new stuff anymore...I am looking to collect all of early stuff and then wouldn't matter cause there is heaps of old stuff to dig...There is nothing that quality like old stuff, I mean melodic like...New stuff has great production but doesn't grab you for some reason...

Guest volvox box

Dead or not for me doesnt matters, i never found real hardcore psychedelia in any trance i listened to, thats why i created . . . soon to hear . . .

Guest Kristian

There WILL be TRUE psychedelic trance again (melodic)! Just wait and see. Everything goes in circles just as the fashion for clothes etc...

Keep the spirit alive, it will come back :)

"We still have all of that old stuff that I still collect and don't care that much for new stuff anymore...I am looking to collect all of early stuff and then wouldn't matter cause there is heaps of old stuff to dig...There is nothing that quality like old stuff, I mean melodic like...New stuff has great production but doesn't grab you for some reason..."

I sadly came to the same conclusions as you Seraph.

I tried, oh yes I deeply tried to find interest in the new psy sound over the past year, though without any significant result... Most of the time, all I managed to hear were basic Trance, House or noisy sounds in the so-called "Psy tracks".

As for the "old school" copycats you can find those days, well, most sound empty, the spirit seems gone. Lemmi wrote a thread about it a few days ago, on Ethereal.

Yesterday I received "Return to the Source : Deep Trance and Ritual Beats" that I had bought over eBay, and man, it was great hearing those sounds !!!! I found more freshness here than in the latest crystal-clear production from the new Prog or Full-on artists...

Am I growing old too fast or what ?

I'm eagerly awaiting the third Pleiadians album to be sure (I read somewhere it might be cancelled though...). Photonik and Alcyone remix sound great sofar.

K.

Guest Full Lotus

What a pointless discussion, you really must be all bored :D FYI Psychedelic music has been around for years, way before psy trance, so it hasn't 'died' or been 'killed', it's changed with the times that's all, and it'll continue to do so, so long as people continue to make psychedelic music :)

Yes, filteria is very good. In my opinion his music sounds a bit

like etnica(95-97)/pleiadians and well...that's what I call

music! And there are some other new composers too who make good music

like Talamasca or Infected Mushroom( first CD came out in 99?...I think so quite new). Jees...IF you believe in psy, it won't die....REMEMBER THAT!

Psy-Trance today is missing one KEY element.....MUSICALITY. All Psy-Trance is today is:

Random Trippy Effects

A sample here or there

Bassline

Beat

Tiny in and out melodies

What psy-trance needs is to have a good melodic (it could be faint) flowing the track along, along with the bassline....and then add some good strong powerful melodic trippy leads....psy-trance is missing this....I miss it.

Guest .:::E.P

what's the point in going back when you can go forward?

There's way too much complaining about the music in this scene... Why not just enjoy the music and stop living in the past? ;)