1. Speaking To God

2. Be Yourself

3. The All Seeing Eye

4. Follow The Signs

5. Search For the Divine

6. Come Back To Reality

7. The Age of Reason

8. The Only Way To Fly feat. Goalien

"You ever have that feeling...where you're not sure if you're awake or still dreaming?"

Mescaline? Try having two kids ask you every question in their repetoire 24/7 even if it has absolutely nothing to do with the current situation. And they don't give a f*ck what your answer is they just want to hear themselves talk. Happened yesterday and I think I blacked out for like...ten minutes. Thing is I was behind the wheel doing 80 miles an hour.

"No officer I don't know how my car wound up in Lake Michigan, but since I've got you here who do you think would win in a fight between Unikitty and Pinky Pie. Cause this is the question I got for the past 35 minutes."

Ajna is Oliver Chazard and I feel his album got lost in the shuffle with all the other releases. Ovnimoon releases like 6 albums every half hour so it's possible that they didn't even know they released it. What you get is dreamy and floaty melodic goa trance. It's high energy, pumping, and beautiful. Beautiful like Fabio...you know you're not gay, but you can't stop staring at his moobs.

ldiEKhG.gif

Fabio has clearly stopped giving f*cks.

The layers are plenty and it has a spiritual quality taking you far away from mundane human pursuits and bickerings. There is a f*ckton of twirling opportunities and nobody is gonna get hurt as it weaves a trail of gentle and comforting atmospheres. There are a lot of the Middle Eastern melodies serving up images of vast desert sands and the search for the beginnings of humanity. It reminds me a lot of Afgin's release on Suntrip where it was so bright you had to listen to it with sunglasses. If there was one negative it would be that all the tracks resemble each other. A lot. Some might be put off by the samples or the goa "lite" style.

And perhaps this is why it drifted within the goa ether largely ignored. As I mentioned it's beautiful sounding, but it's also the farthest you can get from the current trend of dark, moody releases. But you can't be dark all the time. Plants won't grow, sunscreen companies will go out of business, and you might one day call this freakshow your daughter in law.

fqAyc4O.jpg

So let the sun shine, enjoy some soft melodic goa, and bow down to your new Ovnimoon overlords. Cause they is takin' over.

Psyshop

Beatspace

Guest antic

One of the biggest surprises for me last year, primarily because I feared it will be sugar-sweet and cliche. It really isn't - it's just happy, sunshine goa with plenty of layers, lots of acid and really good - memorable - melodies. He's really skilled at sculpting the sounds that complement one another - usually by tweaking the filers / resonance so that they transition nicely between eachother. True, it is pretty homogenous, as in most tracks sound similar, but which neo-goa album isn't nowadays?

BTW, just now I noticed the title track lasts for 12:34! I'd never guess it, because it is so varied and good. That speaks for itself :)

Very good album!

4/5