The Cronics - Liquid Nova EP

Bill

a3314056466_2.jpg

The Cronics

Liquid Nova EP

Label: Goa Galaxy

It amazes me how long, or rather how not long, this EP has been in my collection. Perhaps because it has been listened to so many times over the past year it feels like it has been in my collection for a lot longer but I suspect it has more to do with how vintage it sounds, as if it were recorded in the great old days of 2006, 2007, 2008.

"Liquid Nova" is excellent from the first time it is heard and it sure does maintain that quality over many repeat listens. The tracks unfurl into sounds that are broad, melodic and with a pace that is very frisky and oh-so very groovy. To spend some time on the dance floor with these beauties would be a very distinct honor.

"Lost In Eternity," "Scaring Energy," "Universe So Deep" and "Massive Universe" are not only intricately detailed and extremely well crafted but each track has a rough-around-the-edges quality that comes from a lack of modern studio and software trickery and it suits each production perfectly, as if The Cronics learned lessons from the old goa masters who taught the lessons of less-is-so-much-more.

The Cronics "Liquid Nova EP" is excellent psytrance - not good, not great, excellent!

Available for free play or download at: http://goagalaxy.bandcamp.com/album/liquid-nova-ep