Uppsala - KA SOl,BOTFB,MARCHAOS

I would like to know peoples opinion about these bands.

What can people say about recent BOTFB Demonizer album

where can i find the reviews of their album and what is heared about Ka Sol album on Stone Age

Realy like to hear opinions

thanx

Guest Otto Matta

Ka-SoL is my current favorite act, although there's not a whole lot of his music out there. He simply has a knack for musicality as well as intensity, I find. His track, Pricken, on Stone Age's "Tales from the Dark Forest" compilation is the most intense track I've ever heard. "Iris" on Schlab 5 (or is it "Isis"? - the text on my CD player spells it this way) is also a mind-blowing track. One big, intelligent climax.

Would really enjoy a serious, well-produced solo album at some point. :)

Guest dårdåkkktårn...

These people has completley lost the plot. Put them behind bars and throw away the keys. ... some of them are known to support really crappy hockeyteams from gävle. If you find any music from them... buy everything you can afford... and enjoy it as much as you can... make them rich and famous. :-) They are the next big thing - soon to be bigger than Brittneyspears and snoop dog together... larger than god and cooler than jesus ;-)

Guest SenstatuX

yea, very crazy stuff they bring us from that small spot in sweden =)

keep it up fellaz!

i really looking forward to a ka-sol album, wich i think never will become true

Ka-SoL has made about 200 tracks, and I find at least 40 of them to be total killers. Many many are unreleased, a few can be found on Schlab compilations.

We are going to release a Ka-SoL album once we get enough cash. This might take a while, but it is going to happen. If we cant make a proper release we´ll just make the low-budget Schlab-stylee.

Uh, and Iris/Isis is both Isis and Iris, Lulle couldnt decide and he thinks its cool that its spelled both ways on the release. :)

Guest Otto Matta

Thanks again for the valuable info, D-Dave, and for creating such intense music yourself. :)

"Uh, and Iris/Isis is both Isis and Iris, Lulle couldnt decide and he thinks its cool that its spelled both ways on the release. :)"

[EA/OM sticks tongue out at DP.] :P

Guest Otto Matta

If you have CD text on your CD player, a feature that reads the name of the act and track, you'll see that it's called "Isis" there. The same might happen if you put it into your CD ROM. :) (:P)

Thanx everybody how gave me their oppinions about Ka Sol music and just music from upsalla in general. I am myself give a serius considerqtion to the music guys are making.

I belive that music from Upsalla is just to be the next stage in music development, but it realy depends on these musicians(if they wont be so lazy as they are now =) hehehe).

If you are following the music from ka sol and buddhas you can easealy witness the great changes in their sound. They becoming much more professional, the quliaty of music is developping and improving tremendiously.

They are strating to use all the dirty and noisy sounds in such a way that the quality of music is not hited at all.

The bands like botfb, ka sol, marchaos, and the others has a unique combination of different music backgrounds, that is why their style differs from any other music producers.

Want to much say more but i belive that not much people are eager to read long massages.

Heavy meatel forever.

D-Dave

i would like to ask your opinion about hardwear by TC Electronics

especialy about copressor TripleC and muliteffect processor M1XL

And what Christer is doing at the moment.

Cannot catch him at all on the net

He told me that he is working - where is that crappy dude working now =)

no garden to cut in winter =)

Hey Gore I dont know anything about hardware anymore, I use only software. :)

Christer is taking it easy at the moment.

Schlab 6 is postponed. We tried to make an ambient compilation, with RELAXING music for COMING DOWN. But hey, we ended up with a lot of dark, disturbing, annoying, twisted stuff instead...

We may release Schlab 7 before 6. :) No 7 with more night music again. :D

Well David

can u give some recommendations about software than?

just which software u use at the moment.

This is a funny thing u tell about making ambient trax. =)

I can imagine how it is happeing =)

The situation: ok we are now ready, we can do it, we need just to relax and float on the ambient waves. Okey everything seems going good, here is the smoth base yehh, that is right, dudududm, door is oppening,here comes Marchaos - hey listen up guys check out this sample form Skinny Puppy track, lets put it in here - or shit we cannot stop it swing over the swing, distortion overloaded - damn we once again lost the plot.

Security, don't let Marchaos get in the studio anymore. =)

I think u can make a cd of remixes of some dub or dowm tempo trax of your friends like vibrasphere and skomm, or anyother u know.

And another question David

what is it heard from Plat Phase - any releases from him soon?

or any music from uppsala coming on other lables - not shlab.?

About your track "Completly Operational"

is it a sample from Space Odyssey?

or not?

Cheers.

Hey. Software. Well, uh I use Cubase VST ( I have SX installed but I cant get into it, no I havent tried SX2.) and a hell of a lot of plug-ins.

I have to get back to you about which are the good ones. Try them all and find your favorite I guess... :)

Yes, its a sample from 2001 a space odyssey.

You are quite right about the ambient tracks. :)

Phlat Phase is Magnus from the Buddhas and Fredrik from Subcouds. They have a few tracks, one was released on BooM records. I dont think the others will be released and they havent made anything for quite some time now.

Nothing else planned on other labels, except a remix on another Boom compilation in next year or so.

Bom shakalaka.

Hello David.

Well i am trying to work with SX at the moment. it just seems to me that the quality of music will be higher if u use hardware instead of software, or i am wrong?U will probably tell me that u are not the right person to ask about high quality of soundz hehehe joking, but never the less. :)

Do u mind if i ask u a how much it costs to release an album, for example u album on boom or ka sol album on stone age?

I am interested in it cuz would like to make some investments in ur music in future.

What do u guys plan for happy new year eve?

From my part i will stay with my girlfriend and try to make a romantic evening. =)

I've got a bad feeling about it? I plan to buy a solid fireworks - hope i will burn some heads.

All in all i think it won't be so bad as we got some spirits for the evening.

By the way any recommendations about any new movies from u?Which are worth watching?

I've recently seen an old movie from australia "Silent Earth".

It is the story about a man woke up. And founds that there is nobody on the planet. He is alone. He passes all the stages: being comfortable alone< doing what he wants, then he is driving crazy, went to church, and began to speak with a god, he said: God, where are u, tell me, or i will kill your son, he aimed a gun at Jesus head, and bursted it, next stage is - resignation. And here he finds a girl - she also stayed alive.

All people were gone becuz of experiment, and the experiment is not over and some changes continue to happend on the planet.

The answer why they stayed alive is that they had tried to kill themselves at the time the experiment had been processed.

The end of the movie is absolutely amazing - the girl dies and the erth changed its orbit, and replce its position in the universe. And the only main character stayes alive and witness all the beauty of a new surroundings.

Not bad - even the budget is low.

From russian movies(i am myself from russia) i recommened u to watch STALKER - i promised to send the copy to Christer but still cannot find it in english, so if u will come across with that title ....

OK once again Happy New year to all uppsala.

Bom bom chaka chaka Jam.