Odd QUestion

Hey everyone, I got an odd question that has haunted me for quiete a while now, I dont usually go to that many raves, I live in northern Mexico and here the scene its not hip. So the question is, why the tracks I listen in a rave are quite more 'deep' or last more with the same samples, are more repetitive, the changes come slow..., I say this cause I have listened to antix, aphid moon, phony orphants albums and they are more 'radio ready' so to speak. Is this because the versions in the vinyls are different from the CDs?

ah yes, interesting question!! I too have always had the feeling that a certain melody or climax lasted a LOT longer with a track played at a party than the same track listened at home... But I don't think it's due to different versions, more to the fact that at parties your perception of time and space is altered (they don't call it trance music for nothing, eh?). Also because at parties DJs mix-in tracks, they don't play them from start to finish like you would at home, and there's the track selection too: a good DJ kindof "builds" a story out of the different tracks he plays, thus adding to the general feeling of a party, which again is not the case when you listen to it at home...

SMI²LE

Guest Otto Matta

Could have something to do with drugs. Smoking MJ, for me, makes certain parts last several times longer than normal, seemingly. Could also have something to do with being socially self-conscious, hoping that others are enjoying your music, but worrying that certain parts that you normally enjoy at home are lasting too long for the comfort of those others.

Now that I think about, the fact you stant in front of the speakers concetrated in the music probably makes you more aware of each note, each change in the beat...

And yes, its more clear to me now that the dj builds a mood and if the mix sound like a single song, it definetely will make you think you've been hearing the same groove for long.

What I feel is that Trance music is all about Delays and stuff likewise while producing music most of the synth and notes are delay added. Also like when you take the first puff from mary jane you suddenly start feeling like the time is going very slow and at time fast..........So this is my perception..