The best electronic filtersweeps in goa trance

radi6404

So in this thread I want to talk about the best sounding electronical filtersweeps in goa trance tracks. Many goa trance tracks have great melodies, great stringlines and great acidlines with resonance, on the other hand there are some tracks that have great electronic sounding filtersweeps without a lot of resonance and those are rare in my opinion. That is why I am aksing you to list the best, since I really love the electronic filtersweeps.

S.U.N. project - Tribolus
This track has the best filtersweeps I have heart in goa trance. Usually I list many tracks but this one is better than any other track in that concerm. What happens at the beginning of that track is just insane. The filtersweeps go crazy allready the first second, after that they continue playing and have another instance playing with stereo image, so you hear the impressive filtersweeps several times. You hear them in the center and the support of them in ping pong stereoimage, that is so impressive, it raises my adrenalin and emotions a lot. The whole track sounds impressive and has incredible electronic sounds, which are really modern and great.

Other tracks in that concerm

Art of trance - Killamanjaro

This one has impressive electronic filtersweeps on all of the track, too bad it is not goa trance and does not have goa sounding melodies

Astral Projection - God is a DJ remix

Great filtersweeps at 3 00, but the whole track has great filtersweeps

Ofcourse there are some others, but those filtersweeps are not that common in goa trance, especially not as complex as on these songs. What do you think about it?

S.U.N. project - Tribolus

This track has the best filtersweeps I have heart in goa trance. Usually I list many tracks but this one is better than any other track in that concerm. What happens at the beginning of that track is just insane. The filtersweeps go crazy allready the first second, after that they continue playing and have another instance playing with stereo image, so you hear the impressive filtersweeps several times. You hear them in the center and the support of them in ping pong stereoimage, that is so impressive, it raises my adrenalin and emotions a lot. The whole track sounds impressive and has incredible electronic sounds, which are really modern and great.

I'm not very familiar with S.U.N. Project, and I hadn't heard that song before, but holy shit that intro sent chills down my spine! It's awesome! The rest of the song is pretty good too, but for me the intro is really the best part of that one.

However...

To me a "filter sweep" is much slower than what I heard in the S.U.N. Project song. A filter cutoff usually modulated manually by a mod wheel or knob, not by an envelope. They're much more common in classic and prog rock, music where keyboards are played live much more than in electronic music.

I'm not very familiar with S.U.N. Project, and I hadn't heard that song before, but holy shit that intro sent chills down my spine! It's awesome! The rest of the song is pretty good too, but for me the intro is really the best part of that one.

However...

To me a "filter sweep" is much slower than what I heard in the S.U.N. Project song. A filter cutoff usually modulated manually by a mod wheel or knob, not by an envelope. They're much more common in classic and prog rock, music where keyboards are played live much more than in electronic music.

Wow, I am glad you like it that much, This is why I listed it here, because it is one of the craziest intros of all songs.