Tracknames with hidden drugs inside?

Guest adrenachrome

OK, I think the one who started it all (although not goa -- well duh, goa didn't exist back then):

The Beatles - L.ucy in the S.ky with D.iamonds

then I was pointed out to 2 others (goa, this time):

Shpongle - D.ivine M.oments of T.ruth

Transwave - M.y D.ear M.edical A.ssurance

any more on the line? I like the way those drug-names are hidden

SMI²LE

Ebeneezer Goode (by the Shamen)

eeezer goode eeezer goode etc was obviously e's are good ...

I think there are lots of others but my brain's being weak.

bomble

go look in the off topic section for my psychoactive word games post....

bomble

Guest lÿsërgïç

Elixer - Drops of Madness (i assume thats refering to liquid acid?)

Cosmosis - turn on, tune in (what they used to say in the 60s acid days)

Droidsect - Ketamine (well thats not hidden :))

Moksha - huxley's medicine (lsd)

Shiva Chandra - Get whipped on double dipped (lsd)

i hope these are kind of what u are talking about..

Guest adrenachrome

lÿsërgïç: i didn't get that last one

Nice stuff everybody!! Keep em coming!

Yeah bomble, that Ebeneezer Good must be the most provocative "commercial song" in history. I remember those times: you had stupid commercial videos about love and stuff on MTV and then you had a kick-ass one going "E's are good E's are good. You know that E's are good!!" IMO The Shamen pulled that one off quite nicely 8-D

I know another one: forgot the name of the band, but it went on about "Scooby Snacks"... the problem with that song was that it was just too lame...

SMI²LE

Guest searching_sox

when i opened up my record this morning.. (Elektronic High 2) ...there was a little LSD trip hidden inside the letter W of "Kox Box - Two Dots" (on the cover)

now thats what i call ON-topic ;-p

Guest PuuhaMees

U will get it one day, things dont reveal themselves all at once.

just joking :)))). Moonshine=skuff & spores from space=fungus spores our little friends from outer space.

to andrenachrome:

the beatles said that lucy in the sky with diamonds was in no way related to lsd.

it was just a title of a picture that lennon's little son painted.

but maybe this is just the official version ;)

Guest adrenachrome

psyfi: I HIGHLY doubt that... Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds is seen as THE song about LSD!! I remember once, this question was even asked on Who Wants to be a Millionnaire!!

SMI²LE

Well how do the Beatles explain that "Strawberry Fields" is what you call a junkies arm that has been shot with syringes too many times. Like, the red little dots after the syringe look like strawberries on a field. Strawberry fieeelds foreeveeeeerrr...

And what about the song "Cold Turkey" which is all about heroin-abstinence, John Lennons personal one. Also made by the Beatles.

There are lots of stories about the Beatles and their drug-use. Like one night they took acid and made some excellent theories about practically everything. They wrote down everything what they had invented and discovered.

The next morning all the paper they had written said was: "Time".

Not bad eh? :)

as i said, the version with lennon's child might only be the official version. and i didn't say anything about other tracks, did i?

btw: cold turkey is only by john lennon and not by the beatles, i think

Guest Phaedrus

adrenachrome -

double dipped is supposed to mean that the blotter paper has been dipped/doused with/in lsd twice, as opposed to once. :))) mmm.......

Guest Tuhatjalkaa

Texas Faggot-Piri pintaan

Hmm.. this is finnish and piri is amphetamine, but you can't say that do they mean amphetamine or----->( piri pintaan also means that if you fill a glass or something all the way up, then it is piri pinnassa..?..! )

Guest Mindbender

Piri pintaan normally means 'up to the brim (of a glass/cup etc)', but could be thought as 'speed (=A) to the surface'.

I think that in the end this post thread is a bit pointless, because about a quarter of psy tracks seem to be named after drugs. I personally don't like it too much. Especially I get negative vibes from tracks that have the name of a drug as a sample (like "ecstacy... ecstacy... ecstacy...ecstacy... etc"). Some of the few places where its ok is on Divine Moments of Truth and LSDance, where the samples have been manipulated to good effect. BUT still I think it would have been better to have something else (than LSD or DMT) as the original sample.

It's not psychedelic/trippy to repeat a name of a drug. I'd rather hear interesting/psychedelic/funny/trippy/emotional/just good thoughts, descriptions etc... (Stuff like: "Have you ever seen fire in zero gravity?... It's beautiful, like liquid. It comes wave after wave..." and so on).

I'm also sick of *stupid* movie samples.

Lauri