The Art and The Artist, to be a genius or to have a genius

CoLoUr DoTZ

I came across this video a couple of days ago and found it quite revealing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86x-u-tz0MA&feature=player_embedded

At the same time, I find quite annoying some of the worshiping for artists in the trance scene as I always thought that such a thing did not belong to it.

So, what do you think? Do artists deserve this devotion? Are they creators or mediums? Is art created, or transmited??

I don't know if this issue can look funny or superfluous to some, but it is essential and fundamental, and of great importance for the existance of this musical/sound idiom.

A more than interesting topic but in a wrong thread.

Someone could suggest a new subforum to be added about spirituality and science/scientific theories, but this topic i think belongs to General discussions about Psytrance (rather Specific) plus top pinned.

Do you believe that if the scene's forefathers, juno reactor, x-dream, the infinity project, hallucinogen etc (or even earlier electronic/trance artists) had chosen other concepts and themes, or even names, for their musical creations would be the course and the evolution the same?

Could this be possible while creating this type of music?

Did the music specify the concept?

Did those concepts choose/inspire the artists to be expressed through them in a certain way musically, experientially-understandingly???

I tend to fully agree with this view, the metaphysic of inspiration.

The reference to the Classic Civilization's theology, is indeed accurate.

The platonic thesis of the world of Ideas and the inspiration as a kind of a connection with a higher spiritual world/order, as a concession, a granting or a blessing in a way.

A talented woman with nice way of expression. When such people are true and not selfish and therefore hypocrites, it is such a bliss to associate with. The marvelous paradigm of quality people!

And nice chic btw. Beautiful -& sparkling!- women.

It's nice to see monologues of people, revealing their way of thinking and their perception, sides of their personality.

And here's a quote, regarding the social factor oftenly oppressing .. “To be independent of public opinion is the first formal condition of achieving anything great.”― G.W.F. Hegel .. and the (leveling, what else?) illusion of (quality) equality.

Right through the chronicles of time, human beings have gathered in tribes to celebrate the wonders of conciousness and creation by dancing together underneath the sun, moon, and the stars.

From the ancient Shamans of Tibet, to the ritualistic tribes of the Amazon, to the nomadic techno-freaks of Goa, the transcendental experience has consistently fascinated human beings regardless of social or legal status.

One might look at it as an underlying thirst for some universal knowledge which is only revealed by the cosmic energy forces that are manifest when such a trascendental experience is achieved by the human mind. This relentless thirst for expanding our consciousness is what draws us back, era after era, into this eternal ritual dance.

May we dance through darkness until we become the light!

Om Namah Shivaya!

Supernatural. Interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uroz15PV2uw

Thanks for the tip on that book and author, it looks pretty interesting. Anyhow I could sense that music, and other forms of art are something inherent in nature and by creating some art, you are just transcribing it to be better understood and experienced. But she explains it really well!!

What I really wonder now is, what happened in history for humans to changed from this concept to believed that we are just creators?? What relation has this with religion?? and if it`s fair to push such a pressure (like comparing him with god) on an artist??