Collaboration

I dream of a day when I can find someone with ample synthesis skills who lives in proximity to me. I live in northern virginia half an hour from the nation's capital. This thread isn't only about myself though. If you feel the same way post your location and samples of your work. Here are mine http://soundcloud.co.../panoptes

*crossing fingers*

• 2 weeks later...
Guest neurogen

I live in Sweden. So thats quite the bus-ride...... :/

Although if anywone works in Cubase or Nuendo im in for some over-the-interwebz-kinda-thing

It's not that hard over the internet, it just precludes any spontaneous synergy between people.

I feel the same. I met I guy in my area once and tried to collaborate, but we had technical difficulties with files and he said fuck it. sadface

Guest neurogen

its actually alot easier over the internet than IRL.

IRL you can get stressful, that you feel "okay now we have met, now we must create something" and it can end up pancake. Creativity stops.

Over the internet you have your time , and send when ready. Can work by sending wave files, (8 bars for example) or by sending midi, or by sending a whole project file if you work in same program.

Its actually very convenient if you try it once, im sure ull enjoy this way.

of course both ways has its pros and cons, as everything in life does. yin to the yan :P

im up for any creative experiment, as im quite stuck with my own projects atm.

just send me a pm if anyone is interested - style doesnt matter - from ambient to core to trance to drumNbass

• 2 weeks later...

For two people to work, they need to know their stuff very very well, so that when they gather, they don't spend their time reading manuals, fixing stuff, tweaking the computer, reinstalling apps, or searching the web. A meeting has to be 100% dedicated to creativity. When gathering, both have to bring new stuff (samples, clips, sequences, etc...). I never stop learning, computer music is such a big topic...