"V/A - Eternal Symphony"

prog4all

Posted Image

Artist: Various

Title: Eternal Symphony (Compiled by Djane Betty)

Label: TesseracTstudio Records

Date: 06-03-2012

Style: Progressive Trance

Tracklist:

1. Vertex - Second Element

2. Djane Betty & Funky Dragon - Behind You

3. Orison - Mutation

4. Nerso & Zyce - Force Of Existence

5. Lyctum - Consciousness

6. Funky Dragon - Dreamer

7. Relativ - Universal

8. Zyce & Funky Dragon - Peacemaker

9. E-Clip - Capital Distress

10. Zyce & Flegma - Shades Of Gray

Judging from the names on this tracklist alone, this has to be a damn good release. I am always used to high quality progressive when it comes to the guys from the Serbian label TesseracTstudio. So I was very curious to see if they could live up to my expectations.

I started of with Vertex (also known as Zyce). It's an easy going track and perfect to start of this compilation. Enjoyed it! Next is Djane Betty & Funky Dragon. After some spiritual-like voices in the beginning, the track gets very energetic with a powerful baseline to got with it. It's ok, but not my favorite track of all. Then after hearing Orison's Mutation, things get extremely interesting. I never heard of this project before and I believe Zyce & Flegma are behind it. Very powerful again and I know this would work just fine on the dance floor. Still these guys didn't get rid of the warm melodic sounds they represent on there other projects and I'm very happy about this. Great stuff!

I think most of us know the great hypnotic power of Nerso & Zyce. Well this track is no different and it's time to get back in to the floating trance mode. Halfway you just want to close your eyes and drift of, perfect stuff! They have released a number of amazing tracks together and I think they can be very proud of this one. Consciousness by Lyctum is probably one of my favorite songs of all time when it comes to psychedelic progressive trance. It's almost like it's existing out of heavy pads instead of your regular baseline. Seriously, what a great bouncer this is. Everyone should keep his eyes out for Lyctum, another fantastic act from Belgrade. Just 5 tracks done so far and I'm already very happy with what I've been hearing.

Funky Dragon's Dreamer is a nice one as well. Much different compared to the last track but Funky Dragon keeps things interesting enough for me to like it. Universal from Relativ is my favorite track from this release, without any doubt. I don't think I ever heard a track this powerful and it just takes you higher and higher. During the second half of the song it explodes. When I hear this I just feel like stomping the ground at a well filled dance floor. This is truly amazing!

Next is Zyce & Funky Dragon, who take over with Peacemaker. These guys already released a remix album of there Serpent track and it was a great success. They did a brilliant job then and they did a brilliant job now. A little lighter than the tracks of Lyctum and Relativ for example, but this one is telling a small story once again. Funky Dragon took care of the groove and Zyce made sure of a very hypnotic vibe. Very nice and at the end of the song they take it even further. When seeing E-Clip's name of the list, you expect high energy immediately and he definitely doesn't let you down. He couldn't be missing in this release and he really takes care of this track in a powerful way. To finally end this compilation in style and bring things down a little, Zyce & Flegma's Shades Of Gray works just fine. Another floater with deep bass lines and matching background effects. These guys really know what trance is all about.

If your searching for the psychedelic aspect in progressive trance, this release is what your looking for. TesseracTstudio did a terrific job, taking it to the next level for sure. It's a perfect balance between the relaxing melodic side and the stronger aggressive side of this type of trance. Probobly one of the best compilations I came across in 2012.

Links:

http://www.beatport....symphony/873886

http://www.psyshop.c.../tes1cd012.html

http://www.tesseractstudio.org