Lyctum

prog4all

So what do you guys think of Lyctum? I discovered this producer a while ago and everything that came from him so far is great!

He has released some awesome prog psytrance and his sounds are very original. The album Tales Of The Universe is his best release so far in my opinion, absolutely amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW3UnBCqIiA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnqTiMuZbgM

"LYCTUM is one of the few producers who dares to step out of the Psychedelic Trance formula, creating new soundscapes with an uplifting mood, very atmospheric melodies and percussive elements. It comes as no surprise that his previous work has been released on plenty of labels (Hommega Productions, Utopia Records, Geomagnetic Records), and his collaborations include acts like: Zyce, Flegma, Nerso, Sideform, Vice, Aqualize, Ovnimoon and many more. LYCTUM (Dejan Jovanovic) is another fantastic act from Belgrade and has previously recorded under the name PROSPECT. "

I think Lyctum does excellent work.

I noticed Lyctum on the day I listened to the Lightforce EP. Superb release. The Cassiopeia EP was also interesting, maybe more typic of the genre. Buy them and you'll see... So I crossed fingers for an album.

"Tales Of The Universe" is a solid album. Not flawless as Nerso's album could be, but very good nonetheless. There are a few superb tracks like Euphoria, Little Earth, Minds Mystery, The Eclipse.

Superb grooves, delicate melodies, cinematic sequences, kickass tracks structure is what Lyctum is about. I hope he does more soon but his sound has to remain inventive/fresh.

I said the Balkans saved the Psytrance year 2011. Well, they also contributed greatly to 2012 so far!

The tracks you name are indeed the best tracks of the album! Glad you can appreciate his music, I think it's really different as the usual stuff! Also I liked the remix of Psyched, by Prahlad. The one with the Terence Mckenna voice in the beginning, great track.

Yes the Balkans does amazing work on progressive. I really enjoyed the Eternal Symphony release, nice tracks on there. Also a artist that represents the same kind of style in my opinion is Relativ, other project from Sideform I believe. Like his music a lot as well!