Party Lasers

Guest Psychedelic AllabertA

These things may come into your eyes for a split of a second... Is this short-term exposure dangerous? Should I be cautious each time they horizontally sweep through the crowd?

of course lazers are dangreous!! any direwct light into you eyes is dangerous!! it is much better to keep them above the crowd and not sweeping across their faces!! I is just like long term use of liyud music is bad for your ears, but lasers are much more short erm, but the ffects are devastating!! If i see a laser at a party, I always stick out of it's way, my eyes are bad enuff already thank you very much!!

anyways, just a message :)P

No no people, party-lasers are not dangerous for your eyes, or at least they shouldn't be if they are legal and accepted. The thing is they are supposed to move so rapidly that the possible eye-contact won't damage your eye due to low enough power of them. At least this is the case in Finland, never heard of anyone with any party-laser caused problems.

Guest [tom jaimz]

Lasers can be dangerous, but it depends on the strength.

In the early days of rave parties in Sydney some promoters hired a powerful laser, and one of them got a bit high and decided to play with it for a bit, and shone it into the crowd. He burnt out a girl's retina. Nowadays, of course, we're all a bit smarter and laser companies don't just hire out big-assed lasers without at least a bit of supervision, and yeah, most 'party lasers' aren't powerful enough to burn out your retina, but @!#$ man, it's not gonna help your vision none, so don't stare into the fucking laser, and if some dumbass has a laser going into the dancefloor instead of over it, go punch him in the face.

Guest Psychedelic AllabertA

Tnx for your feedback! But the mega-party didn't have any lasers in it!!! And I received the rumour it was because someone died of an epilleptical attack while exposed to a laser (?!?!!?) on some party sometime and somebody put a pressure on the organizers... Shame... lasers are cool!