Horror-Psy-Trance?

Guest Empty Space

Hey, just found this website recently. Horror Psy-Trance sounds like an awesome idea (my being into Psy-Trance, Industrial & EBM as well as metal). So experts, what acts would qualify as prototypical horror-psy? Personally I don't think Nitrogen from Juno Reactor (parts 1 or 2) is scary, or horror-psy (though classic Juno is one of my 3 absolute fave bands/djs BTW).

Dark Soho is pretty dark and energetic too... let me know what you think, feel free to e-mail me. My knowledge of individual psy-trance acts is limited, but it's one of my favourite kinds of music. Thanks for any info!

Guest Nefarious

I'm sure everyone will mention Xenopmorph. Go get it. Old horror samples abound, great use of 'scary movie themes' etc. It farking rocks.

If you used to think that metal etc was the toughest style around, think again. Well executed psy will rank up there with the most awesome 'guitar', or industrial group you can think of.

Enjoy the journey.

You also NEED to check out the Schlab comps. Schlabbaduerst Rekkords.

If all that fails, track down some old Grindcore ie ( Impetigo, Gut, Blood )

he he he. Mortician does great horror themed grind.....

All hail the Texas Chainsaw.

Xenomorph have sampled Hellraiser if that floats your boat........

chek out xenomorph and left pitch and rusler for horror sound..also chek digital talk and psychotic micro ,jelly heads ,gow , penta for mental metal!!

boom...

chek out xenomorph and left pitch and rusler for horror sound..also chek digital talk and psychotic micro ,jelly heads ,gow , penta for mental metal!!

boom...

boom...

boom...

Well uhhh, that's all fine and dandy, but what about some good horror psy trance? I mean nobody ever talks about this stuff anymore! I think horror psy trance is dying. It's so sad. Did you know that "www.horrorpsynews.org" has shifted to a mostly forum based site? It's all over now I tell you. Does anyone know anybody making any scary evil dark horror trance, eh? Help me out here.

Another good one, khogg. :)

I hate those kids at horror psy trance parties. You know, those kids who dress like hippies and smoke all that refer and are constantly tripping on something or another trying to "find transcendence through music." They're taking over the scene. What's with all the dreadlocks and thoughts of peace and understanding? The scene is dying, I tell you. I can almost never find any crystal meth anymore, and guitars and horror movie samples are almost totally gone from our music. What happened to the days back on the shores of India when we could get effed up on meth, wear a broad sword under our cloaks and worship the knights templar while dancing to some good (evil) horror trance? Those were the days. Screw the hippies.

Ya, those were the days. Back in '74 & '75. Man, back then I used to go to parties just to fight and get totally fucked on paint thinner and rat poison. To get to parties, you had to run uphill in driving rain, with no clothes on, over jagged rocks with at least two swords and 4 axes while balancing a large angry cat on your head. I mean it was scarry just phoning to get directions to the party! By the time you got there you were drunk, bloody, angry, scarred shitless, and ready dance all night to good wholesome horror trance with a handful of totally close minded, fucked up, die hard, horror trancers. Ah, but those times have gone now. The kids these days just have no idea, eh?

Guest pzeffan

I am a psytrance producer from the U.S. I make psytrance along the lines of what could be described as Horror Psy. I grew up loving Skinny Puppy, Front 242, Ministry etc......and My influences seem to shine through. I'm not trying to plug my music or anything...but I think that under the circumstances of this topic that some people might find enjoyment out of listening. I'm not really well known at all because I don't play out as of yet. However, you can listen to some of my tracks at http://www.mp3.com/ghosthunter. I'd be curious to hear what some real "horror" psytrance lovers think because I jumped into the scene without any prior knowledge of what it was like. I just started making my music and I guess it fit the bill. My bands name is Ghosthunter so if your curious just type in the address above. Cheers.

Cut it out, Towelie, you silly shit. :)

pzeffan - You might want to take a look at the Schlabbaduerst website. The way Dave has gotten his dark trance music out there is by making his own label and putting a lot of his own music, as well as that of other artists, on complilations. He's doing a pretty damn good job at getting his name out there and having people listen to and appreciate his music.

Schlabbaduerst ReKkords

Guest pzeffan

thanks again Epic....I checked out the site and it gave me a few ideas. I like the Battle of the future Buddhas alot and it's cool to see someone else "making it" by taking matters into their own hands.