Artist: Digitalis/Hibernation

Title: The Singularity EP

Label: Eardream Music

Date: June, 2011

1. 1992 - Digitalis

2. Cold Fusion - Digitalis

3. Masonic - Hibernation

4. Singularity - Hibernation

This is Seb Taylor with a short 4 track EP. He is the mind behind both of these projects (as well as Kaya Project, Somaton, and Shakta) and one of the pioneers of the genre. Like most of the old schoolers he has switched his style. That can also be said on this release. The first two tracks are more of a progressive trance dub hybrid under the Digitalis moniker. While the final two are of the downtempo variety.

1992- has a nice bounce and a dreamy chiming melody as a synth line unravels. It's a feel good track and makes me think that he looks fondly upon the year 1992. I know I do. Senior year in college, just back from 2 semesters in Europe, and gettin' more tail than I knew what to do with. The song is happy and smile inducing.

Cold Fusion- Dubby bass and a James Brown Funky Drummer percussive set. Nice and groovy. This is settle back into your chair with a glass of wine and nod your head music. Round sunglasses beads for a door Black Panther music. He's artful with the twisted bass lead unfurling it like a whip as the guitar chords strum. Cool. *snaps fingers 3 times*

Masonic- Weird strings that remind me of what a bad acid trip would feel like. Room spinning kinda stuff with nice piano sounds. Nice. And weird. Don't forget weird.

Singularity- Now for the longest track on the EP and also the star in my opinion. It glides with a sinister dubby bass and soulful percussion. Many sounds in a jazzy breakbeat style tickle the ear. I feel like a lounge lizard getting my shuffle on. Awesome track.

So there you go. All the tracks were good with the final one being the best. Pretty varied styles for a 4 track EP. But this guy has been making such quality music for so long, that he almost gets blind buy status from me. Still, is it worth $7.26 for 4 wavs? Up to you, but I would just download Singularity and know that I got the best of the bunch. Unless your a completionist. Or a collector. Or maybe money doesn't mean anything you. Do you work for my government? Look, if you've got a moment, I have some ideas I would like to share....Hey! Waitaminute! Where are you going? Come back, I haven't told you my ideas yet!

Juno Download

Mdk