Etnica - Vimana (2011 rmx)

Guest nectarios

A privilege to be remixing one of the acts that made us fall in love with this music and will also mark the come back of one of the greatest labels, Etnicanet.

Here's an excerpt of the rough mix

http://soundcloud.com/disco-hooligans/etnica-vimana-2011-rmx-sample

Peace out.

I'll refrain from "it's not Goa" type of comments you may get from other people on this board as that's definitely not the only genre I like.

I get it. It wasn't meant to be a Goa remix despite of it being a Goa Trance classic when it was originaly released and that's cool.

I'll have to say, and this is just my own taste, it does sound too generic to me. There isn't much much new to be heard here relative

to what's been released in a sea of full on out there. When one remixes something, a comparison to the original is inevitable. This

one just doesn't have that "wow" factor the original had back than.

At least you didn't plaster uplifting melodies "Filteria style" all over the place that somehow felt like is trying to desperately upstage what Etnica/Pleiadians did, only to be reduced to a wannabe sound, so respect for that.

Guest nectarios

I'll refrain from "it's not Goa" type of comments you may get from other people on this board as that's definitely not the only genre I like.

I get it. It wasn't meant to be a Goa remix despite of it being a Goa Trance classic when it was originaly released and that's cool.

No it wasn't meant to be a goa remix. Max did not want a goa remix, if him or Mauri wanted one, they wouldn't have given us the samples.

I'll have to say, and this is just my own taste, it does sound too generic to me. There isn't much much new to be heard here relative

to what's been released in a sea of full on out there. When one remixes something, a comparison to the original is inevitable. This

one just doesn't have that "wow" factor the original had back than.

We are not trying to re-invent the wheel, we make the music we feel like making without worrying about what is out there. And yes, the original "wowed" me more as well :D

At least you didn't plaster uplifting melodies "Filteria style" all over the place that somehow felt like is trying to desperately upstage what Etnica/Pleiadians did, only to be reduced to a wannabe sound, so respect for that.

Thanks for taking the time to listen and honest comments, mate.

Peace out.

Part 01:26 - 02:10 really sounds nice. Actually this style isn't my cup of tea and never liked some reworks of classics but this one got potential (just like Dickster's Vimana which is my favorite remix). Looking forward to check out finished version!

Guest nectarios

nice1 thanks for kind words. the finished mix will be available through Etnicanet, but don't hold your breath :D

Peace out.