Full On RIP

Guest Drat Mafia

well well well, ive been into trance now for 3 years an how the music has changed...when i first started listening minimal trance was just seeing the light of day an to be honest i didnt really like it. i was after the highly energetic what we now call "full on" trance but was only greeted with deep, rumbling minimal. Now i couldnt wish for more than some decent minimal. Full on is just so goddamn samey nowadays, that absolum/alien project/astrix/gms bleepy noise that comes up in every single track released is driving me crazy...it's got so bad that i can honestly say i dont like this style trance anymore...Why is the same old shit being recycled oveer an over again??? GMS - The Remixes!!!!!!! WHAT THE FUCK?? Do the people at Spun records really think that we want to hear more same old GMS?? PHONY ORPHANTS, VIBRASPHERE, TICON...my god all these albums are masterpieces and have i heard them once at any partys this year?? NO...alien project instead...at 7:00am.........it's also the DJ's fault for playing completely the wrong tracks at completely the wrong time...I'm sorry for sounding like a grumbling loon but i am losing my faith in trance as a whole...the scene, the music...IS IT DOWN TO MONEY??? hmm i wonder...wait for my album...im gonna put the world to right. Anybody else share these views or is it just in the UK that we seem to like shit music??

Boom Shankar

Guest danne

Now I,m not from the UK I,m from sewden. I usally like everthing that comes out of DS and the other labeles on mpdqx, but what can I say.....

the nwe ticon album sounds good but it isnt compareable with the other releases on DS. the vibrasphere album is very good album indeed. Have you heard Bigwigz album exprimental but way of line... The post you just posted I agree with you aboute gms etc etc that kind of music is driving me mad just seeing it being released,bllllllllläääääääääää.

Maybe I just wanted to say what you just sad about fullon..............

danne

Fullon RIP

I get your point Mafia, I´m starting to think the psy gener is just an other gener in the electronik familly and no more intelligent sounds/structures on it.

I call that kind of psy "psy-pop". It´s all you hear at partys here in Mexico nowdays. No more dark psychedelic tunes at night, no more groovie morning trance when the sun comes out, it´s all about "electro panic" at 6 am and after that, every song it´s the same....

what a fucking shame...

A couple of weekends a go I whent to the Son Kite/Ticon party in Guadalajara and those bands played all night long instead the morning. By morning time all I could hear was alien project and GMS shit.... and the worst thing is that people were dancing those songs... what a shame, what a fucking shame!!!

I hope this psy-pop wave ends up soon

v4K

Guest Daniel

Like I mentioned in the "boring" thread below......there are NEW artists comming up that have something new to show us.....Talpa is the big one. Also Nystagmus....you wanted dark wait for these guys to shell out their debuts and you tell me if the full on genre of Psy-Trance is really dead. It's time for some new blood.

Guest krize

well you guys are going to have a boring summer :(

but Im going to enjoy all the full-on sounds of the summer 2003 ...

and I will always remember it to very good !!

There is a lot of different full-on, night time music out there ... search and you will surely find ...

Guest ananocki

i agree that all the mainstream full on artist like gms, A.p, absolum ect.

are boring and gets no were..but Full on is not death!!! many new atrist are making wonderfull Night killer tunes! like french digital talk, jellyheads,monster plant,and swedish Kluster, weirdo beardo,sienis,irie and israelian winter demon,psychotic micro, azax syndrom, and south african shift, damage/broken toys. Rinkadink, xatrik and danish Gow and Meteloids.

Plus many many more!!!!

the Fire is still burning u just have to Seek the light......

Guest djpoliisi

you have been on a trance scene for 3 years now and you claim full on to be dead LMAO!

it's true that gms is repeating itself but it doesn't mean that full on sound is dead. it just means that some bands are making boring full on :D

Guest tWILIGHT zoNE

ananocki.........weel said.....FULLONACIDMADNESS will never stop until artists like the ones u mentioned will keep the spirit alive.......

jahbo / promon / scatterbrain / mandalavandalz / muhah ha ha ahhh

light ......light ......liiiiiighhhhhhhhht.............

Booom!

GOW GOW GOW GOW ........how they can be so.........AAAAACid.......? :)

Guest Nite

mmmm, good topic, because i agree there is something to talk about here. Now, the main problem is GMS, Astrix formula works at parties, because people like this stuff. The majority of the people. Most of us here our deeper into trance then many party goers. So, instead of saying that Full On is dead, which it isn't, because as Ananocki said it's full of cool artistis out there (all his artist tips are great!), i think the problem is with mainstream parties. Avoid those parties, avoid the mainstream sounds.

On the minimal subject, i think it's great early on at night, gets people into the groove before you turnt their minds on with deeper stuff. It's also great late in the morning. Anyways, just my thoughts! Peace everyone!

Guest Talismanic

You don't wanna be listening to them no more ; )

Some good psy listed above.

Try the more underground psy:

Loopus in Fabula

Demon Tea releases (Sundance(Talpa))

Exogenic releases

Devic Craft Cordings releases

and you should be set to have a better relationship with psy again. The after effects from the GMS overdose can last a while, but when you come down again, the psychedelics will really flow ; )

GG

Guest dj poliisi

actually I disagree with that last recomendation. Finnish sound has it good things but if you're into psychedelic TRANCE you might find these not so intresting. Try labels like Mechanic Sound f.ex. if you're looking for good full on.

Nite had few good points. Consider the full on as a party music. It's uplifting works well from big audio. It's first of all dance music. It's much easier to enjoy than those multilayered, smoothly chaging progressive songs that get more and more intresting after every listening.

My opinion is that there is no bad music. there is just music that you like and music you don't like. And all this is so subjective that you can't turn it into a fact and post it into forum and claim that it's the truth. it's just an opinion. But the most important thing is that every opinion counts and thats just why it so beautiful that we - human beings, have been blessed with that ability, lets all enjoy it.

Guest --==1400MiLeS==--

Full-on and Progressive both RIP asap please. Whatever comes next should be more interesting and less predicable...Some good vibes around from Denmark (GOW), Australia(Benza) and Finland(Reipas, Tea Chairs)...Furthermore the extremely succesful Juno Reactor could be an act to follow. Just mix anything and any1 with the danceable stuff on top and see what comes out. Experimentation is the key imo.

Just a GMS bass line or boring trax that need 10 minute to reach a climax, if any, don't cut it anymore in my book.

Guest Talismanic

other labels I would also recommend in the full on yet not pop genre:

Doof Records

Digital Psionics

Parvati

Nano Rec

Timecode

Keep an eye out for

Alien safari - reloaded on afrogalactic records

Bushmartians in Wonderland on PsyStation entertainment

The Artifakt's new album

GG

Guest Daniel

^ I'll second that one....ugh Alien Project....and I'm sorry, maybe it's JUST ME, but Talamasca isn't rocking my world anymore than Alien Project is.

I'm actually going to check out some of the artists you all have mentioned...I'm looking for some good psy-producers to get into. Anyway I'll say is again....check out:

SunDance Records

and soon debut releases by:

Nystagmus

Talpa

2003....is going to get much better!

Guest Drat Mafia

hmm, a lot of u guys get me wrong...full on is dead for me...i just can't handle getting a feeling of deja vu every single party i go to. full on is not dead this is the problem...GOA REVIVAL...goa is not full on...full on to me is the name for this cheesey new wave shit. IT IS KILLING OUR SCENE...

Please, see sense, fair enough, play this stuff at night, i dont like not being able to see people anyways so i can sit in the chill out an get hammered to some good dub but when the sun comes out...

Boom

Guest dj poliisi

drat mafia: the only thing killing this scene is such narrow-minded people like you. who are you to say what is god and what is not. Are you some kind of musical god? If so tell me reason why full on should be dead beacuse only thing that should be killed IMO is people who don't let other people to have their opinions and are so stucked to their own opinions that they aren't able to understand anyone elses mind.

The best thing for you to do is stop mocking full on and enjoy the kind of music you like. and when you grow up to an adult come back and say hello and tell us what's wrong then with your tiny little world

Guest Drat Mafia

well there we have it...i would love to enjoy the music i like but i am unable to because there is too much shit getting played out instead...and i am not narrow minded, i try to enjoy 1/2 hearted full on but just find it a struggle. i have not got a problem with it if it is kept to the right time, at night...i just dont wanna dance to full power trance at 6:00 in the morning...is that so hard to understand?? there's no need to start slagging me off for raising my opinion. like i said i will be in the chill out wen the full on is playing...nice an out the way, then when the sun comes up i wanna dance those morning grooves.

ps i may be a little over exagerating wen i say it is killing our scene...it isnt, it's making it bigger because it appeals to more people but it is certainly changing the scene where i am from

Guest Psychoholic Girl

Hey Mafia I have heard some good full on lately a guy I think he is from malta Zaldonite ..he has a style to my opinion, I am not shure if he had any releases but for damn shure he has been getting some good feddbacks from all around forums here is his link ....

www.mp3.com/zaldonite

Boom Psychoholic Girl