Persistent Aura - Alienation

Hi,

One of the main synths in this project is broken so I cannot use it for a release anymore. This is the only reasonable version I have of the track. The kick is a bit too loud and there's still some details that should have been worked on but if I rerender one of the main synths will sound like crap. I hope you don't mind.

This track is more goa trance oriented then most of my work. The voice samples used are by Terence Mckenna like usual.

I also made a simple video for this track when trying out apophysis for the first time. The quality isn't very good but it's not bad.

I hope you enjoy it :)

Greets,

Persistent Aura

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luoghszGebs

• 1 month later...

The track is verrrrrrrrry goood! :) I enjoyed it from the start to the end! I can hear a lot of Shakta's influence here, at least it reminds me of some older Shakta's tracks :) And it's a really nice approach to goa, I like this sound myself. The kick is a little bit too loud but it doesn't mean anything because the composition is very good! 

Btw, how come you can't render the track? Is that synth a VST? If it is, just re-install the VST and it will work I guess. And if it's not, play that lead melody on some VST instead, and replace the broken one like that. It's a shame that the track like this stays unreleased.

Thanks for the comments arronax

The broken melody was made with a weird arpeggiated synth from albino 3. For some reason when I reopened the project one day to make some adjustments the melody suddenly sounded totally different. All the subtle accents on the notes which were just right now seem to be totally random and it doesn't sound nearly as good.

I've tried anything I can think of to fix it (also reinstalling the vst) but nothing seems to work it always sounds the same.

I could just change the synth for another but that's just as bad as using the broken one. It was the special sound of that made it sound so good.

I shall upload the version with the wrong sounding synth soon so you can hear what I mean. I just feel like the whole track loses it's magic because of it.

I'll post it soon

Thanks for the comments arronax

The broken melody was made with a weird arpeggiated synth from albino 3. For some reason when I reopened the project one day to make some adjustments the melody suddenly sounded totally different. All the subtle accents on the notes which were just right now seem to be totally random and it doesn't sound nearly as good.

I've tried anything I can think of to fix it (also reinstalling the vst) but nothing seems to work it always sounds the same.

I could just change the synth for another but that's just as bad as using the broken one. It was the special sound of that made it sound so good.

I shall upload the version with the wrong sounding synth soon so you can hear what I mean. I just feel like the whole track loses it's magic because of it.

I'll post it soon

I have the same problems with Albino VST, that's why I almost never or extremely rarely use it. It has some glitches and bugs that ruined one of my projects just like that. In my case, it didn't even want to play the melody at all, my soundcard just froze every time I wanted to play that project. Then I started a new project and copied all my melodies and I used totally different VST's. Luckily, I was able to find a similar lead synth sound and I somehow managed to finish the track. I'd like to find out what's going on with Albino, why are there so many bugs in it. It's a wonderful VST but it's also very buggy  :unsure:

Indeed it's incedibly buggy I use it less and less these days because of it. I've had lots of synths get screwed up like that with albino. I was usually able to fix them or change so it still sounded good but this synth is just the most important one of the whole track.

here's a link to the bad version

http://www.sendspace.com/file/680tmb

That's as good as I got it to sound after trying to fix it. It was even worse in the beginning

I won't give up yet though. I just had another idea which might work. The preset used was a downloaded one. I didn't change much about it so if I download it again it might sound like the old one again. I did save the preset as used in the original version before it got bad but even when I load that one it sounds like the bad one so I'm not sure it'll work.

That's as good as I got it to sound after trying to fix it. It was even worse in the beginning

I won't give up yet though. I just had another idea which might work. The preset used was a downloaded one. I didn't change much about it so if I download it again it might sound like the old one again. I did save the preset as used in the original version before it got bad but even when I load that one it sounds like the bad one so I'm not sure it'll work.

I can help you with that. You can send me the preset (or give me the link to that preset) and then give me the notes of the melody, and I can render it for you, and send you the .wav file.

Ha great idea that might work indeed. That's very kind of you as well.

It's a lot of melodies though (15) so I will just try it on my brothers pc first. He's a minimal producer so he also has production software on his pc.

thanks again!

Ha great idea that might work indeed. That's very kind of you as well.

It's a lot of melodies though (15) so I will just try it on my brothers pc first. He's a minimal producer so he also has production software on his pc.

thanks again!

No problem man! If you need any help about it just mail me to arronaxtrance@gmail.com ;) Cheers! I can't wait to hear the complete version. This "broken" one you sent me still sounds  excellent even if it lacks the main melody. :)