Progressive trance

grimoire

Recorded it live yesterday evening. After a few tried I was happy with the reults, have a listen!

Here's a link to stream:

http://www.humyo.com/9861861/music/Sunspot-Marble.mp3

Also this time I used only hardware (*drumcomputer/sequencer/sampler + 3 synths), computer just for recording :ph34r:

Setup:

Korg ESX

Yamaha AN-200

Waldorf MicroQ

Nord Rack 2

Focusrite mixmaster

Lexicon MPX1

It's nice in fact , i love the sound of it , very warm , those tubes of the ESX im sure they are really nice , i will get an EMX1 soon as ive watched a lot of videos with people that work with it and it sure is one machine that is worth every penny.

Plus i think it is very modern both on the sound and the design , programming i think it shouldnt be hard , maybe you can tell me some more about it since yours is the same but sample based. :)

Thumbs up for your tune !

thanks man, I try to create a warm sound so that worked out well :)

The only things that go trough the tubes of the ESX are the drums & percussion (and occasional sound/bleep etc)

EMX sounds nice too, both are amazing intuitive machines. pretty cool that you already have 5 synth parts + rhythm parts so that's plenty to create whole songs within 1 box :rolleyes: Supposedly for both ESX and EMX the sound is even better when you change the tubes to JJ tubes (possible to give more tube power without distorting). Haven't tried that yet though...

I noticed when upgrading my setup with additional synths that the ESX's midi-send capabilities are limited though. For example the program change signal only seems to go trough midi channel 1. So not every synth switches program when I switch on the ESX (worked my way around it though and that seemed even more usefull). Also you can't dial in to what program the other synth goes to. when you dial the ESX to program 1, the other synth also goed to program 1 for example.

When you start out with just an EMX there's nothing to worry about though!!