4. Silent Enemy - Final X 8:43

5. Silent Enemy - Lord Of Destruction 9:23

6. Silent Enemy - The Great Apocalypse 9:31

7. Silent Enemy - Vozes De Sauron 8:09

8. Silent Enemy - Supernatural 7:36

9. Silent Enemy vs. Necropsycho - Final Fantasy 7:57

10. Silent Enemy vs. Sator Arepo - Makumba

Ok, what do we have here?

An artist named Silent Enemy, an album called Diabolic, oh and there's a skull in the cover too.

Let the bashing begin?

Not yet.

This album is better from what you really expect, judging by its cover or by the tracks' names like Lord of Destruction or Open The Gate.

I bought this album exactly cause I wanted a horror darkpsy album and Diabolic delivers that very good. The best part though is that it has surprised me by having melodies.

Now don't expect full epic melodies or something in that vein. No, I'm talking about simple, yet effective 'spooky' melodic lines, pretty much like the one in the classic track by The Delta Thing.

Especially in the first part of the album from the nice dark classical-influenced intro track Mandragora to Final X.

These track are furious, fast with all the heavy beats and the bassline that makes you deaf, you can find in most of the 'psycore' artists, but once in a while a nice melodic line will make the track even better and more enjoyable.

The next two tracks Lord Of Destruction and The Great Apocalypse are very noisy and it will make both your ears and brain suffer in a good and a bad way (it depends if you like this kind of psy).

The next track Vozes De Sauron is simply the winner track here. Evil darkpsy with many melodies, almost like satanic rave or something :rolleyes: . If only the bass was less speed-of-light-fast... Still this track is awesome.

Supernatural is rather typical with a completelly unnecessary guitar sample.

The last two collaboration tracks are typical horror darkpsy, no melodies or any great atmosphere.

This album is good. As long of course you can enjoy darkpsy made that way. Some things I didn't enjoy were the unnecessary hard kick and bass and the hi-hats that are way too loud and fast. (The artist seems to be a fan of Black Metal, music notorious for insane hi-hats).

But Silent Enemy has potential. He could create his own, recognizable style.

Conclusion? I like it. :)

• 5 weeks later...

Silent Enemy is brazilian project. As i know, Latin Anerica is fullfiled with such kind of psytrance. We're all evil, goin' to hell and whatsoever. But this album is good. It's really good. It has the darkest atmosphere, comparing with everything else released 2009. And, its violent beats aren't just simple darkpsy - it's the stuff, which you will be afraid in a calm night.... YOU SHOULD HAVE IT!

• 1 month later...

I really enjoy this album when the sun goes down.

It might seem cliche to those who don't like most darkspy, but this album really is effective in its use of sampling eerie noises without sounding cheesy or 'wannabe'.

This album has so much energy, its impossible to ignore.

It is very 'evil', hypnotic, and dark sounding.

I 'highly' recommend this to people who listen to this kind of music. I think the people who would most like this outside of darkpsy-heads would be metal-fans.

It has a dark metal energy to it. Like what one of the other posters mentioned.