V/A - FedX - Overnight Xpress (Geomagnetic.TV, Morning Star)

psytones

V/A - FedX - Overnight Xpress (Geomagnetic.TV Morning Star) 2008 (GEOCD025)

1 Reactive - The Dune 7:00

2 Sinewave - Sunshine 7:18

3 Ovnimoon - Mind Creation 7:28

4 Te-Tuna - Atmotrips (Live Mix) 7:20

5 Tryptamind - Ruby 6:28

6 Skyloops - Modern Stimulation 6:56

7 Predators - Thug 7:18

8 Virtual Light - Concentration Camp 7:06

9 Atma - Distorted Reality 8:04

10 Static Nation - One 6:20

11 Micro Scan - Trance System Burnz 8:27

Posted Image

1. A thin and eventful kick builds its path to encounter a groove of spice which extends life. Tribal elements with mood setters swing the speed in high full-on gear with what eventually sounds like generic bliips and miips. The bassline however does have some changing that flow good as the story evolves. This tracks theme is floe bumping melodies with a star wars. It’s danceable...nice effort on the variation between fighting praying and full-boning.

2. Stars in same theme as the first track, building to something and gets it on with some progressive triple beats. Some nice skills on the production side are present. Sharp sounds in crystal – Its sort of progressive full-on. There are some nice layers and sounds and fun changes and a sunny feel of dancing with arms swaying in the air, feeling a nice breeze. Unfortunately the track as a whole feels boring and uninspired. ..A part with rougher guitar distorted sounds. A take offer and energy booster for sure. Because some of the parts are very strong.

3. CD is mixed and in a way that I like for home listening. Does it work for DJ’s wanting material, maybe not as good but that’s some of the intention of compilations, market music of artists so you can get their album. This track has a nice intro and keeps the bass in a steadier full-on flow then the previous. A voice repeating creation along the way is interrupted by a melody that builds (layers appear), but I’m not too fond of the simple and cheese like appearance. It’s nice and all but doesn’t give me a wow or anything. it’s like with the problem for me in most full-on trance, it’s nice dance music, friendly, fun, sort of different with pleasant effects but feels very empty to be placed in a psychedelic box of prudes. it’s just nice trance music for the party goers with some extra emotional values. To repeating in its boredom.

4. Nice floating around the air ears. Builds again and gets a steady beat with Christmas jingle’s’ish sounds. Fast forward full-on. I’m so bored, it’s not to stressing, doesn’t change theme so often and has a lot of that floating effect. It’s nice cheese but bores me to death. *** The pan like theme floating in the background is almost nice. As chill this would be very lifeless, and the beat only makes it better then chill because you can move your feet to it in total boring relaxation.

5. Ok time to wake up? Kick and rugged bass tries to swing it up, adding some more pirating sounds that for sure sounds almost promising. Funky but very generic walk and the sounds are getting more irritating. Hoping since I see huxflux's name that it will surprise and rearrange what I thought was real... Cute sounds with heavier effects but stings my ear. Not sure I get its magic. Surprising sample enters. There comes a twister with piong-phong shootings. This track is on the verge of working in its total lack of working.

6. Their album is hasty and energetic, has a lot of cool charm and works on a now and then basis, but it didn’t grow on me as much as i thought it would. The track is ok and a lot better than the two previous ones, so it almost feels like a highlight moment on this FedX compilation with its groove and humoristic feel of goa-trance without the Goa.

7. Rises delightfully into the seventh track of cave beings humming with a mystique vibe of hunting predators. Sounds sound cool and imaginative, the way their played with. interesting break and then the real kick and bassline runs ahead I got their album Cosmos, but still haven’t managed to listen to it more than a couple of times so far. It just didn’t catch my attention enough though I heard it had some offerings interesting to examine better. This track got some moves and kick to kick. Falls out of my vision because of its full-on production instead of psychedelic production, whatever that means. Good turns and twists but bores. Not enough predators.

8. Bassline works sounds the same as predators so the story continues and as mentioned, I like the pilot’s way of mixing. track though is extremely uninspired with the typical party full-on thing going on that I personally try to avoid because I’m not only in it for the party. It has some oriental melodies going on. So it goes from something serious like to some hope and then maybe liberation in the FedX journey?

9. Nice echoing voices and slandering wires caught on by a firm full-on bassline. Has some Psy effect in its composition but not enough to really wow. Still it’s one of the best. Also got some note worthy samples of light and space. If more to it, a gem.

10. Same sound effects as the previous one, then takes a huge lift-up and continues with its full-on party. A breakdown, what will come? I got a feeling it will be predictable and boring, oh, another lift, more massive this time, ah... yess, full-on. Evolves some happy accordion like sounds allá Mega Dance 1995 with a full-on trance production set of ideas and evolution. This is all just boring dance music and if one likes dance music for teens, then go for it. I'm not of need of these sounds, I’m too old and I demand more of people who are into and open about producing psychedelic dance music.

11. Starts with some jungle like feelings and sways your mind to peace only to raise the party mood with progressive full-on beats and mood. Has a heavier hit then i expected, sort of different but I don’t have any hopes. Melodic pieces are introduced and I yawn. The track is light and relaxed yet very boring with some skills. Nice and all with typical sounds and lifts with the same surprises as 90% of the X chewing party Full-On music. It got grooves in chilled vibe and turns to Euro-trance as it nears its end and landing on roof generic full-on delivered by a pilot with intensions unknown, except that he likes to deliver what the crowd wants and enjoys to create dancing people..

Recommendation: Of jeesh, what to say? It’s about generic and boring full-on that doesn’t really work in my tea-pot. Cover art + name seem to be indicating high travels in hasty speeds in nighttime or morning time full-on. Up high in the shallow sky where FedX plains travel it always follow the sun escaping the darkness by flying over its shadow.

This is one bad release and I hardly see any value in it. Sorry. This is FedX-trance asking you to please exit.

Score: 5/10

Where to buy and other links:

Geomagnetic.TV: http://www.geomagnetic.tv

Morning Star: http://www.discogs.com/label/Morning+Star+(2)

Psyshop: http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/geo/geo1cd025.html

Sakosounds: http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=7638

More Reviews: http://www.myspace.com/psytonesmusic