Iceland

Anakoluth

Hey Folks

I was in South Iceland and thought I'll show you some pix. They're nothing too artsy, and I'm an amateur with an even more-so-cam, but maybe you still might be able to squeeze out some words of appreciation for them :wank::) Here you are:

Reykjavík:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Vík:

Posted Image

Þingvellir:

Posted Image

Höfn:

Posted Image

Kirkjubæjarklaustur:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Skaftafell National Park:

Posted Image

Jökulsárlón:

Posted Image

:posford:

Thanks mates!

Nice pictures mate B)

I really would like to go to Iceland as well, I guess this is the time to go!

The viking boat thing in the top picture is really nice, perfect in the sunset!!

Best time would be in July I guess, as midnight sun peaks then (I imagine so, at least). When I was there, the sun set for 3-4 hours. I'll definetely go back there, during winter time it should be awesome as well, Aurora Borealis, you know... :)

The pic of the viking boat was taken at around 10.30 PM. That sculpture is called "Sun Voyager", btw ;) Reykjavík is an amazing city...

Nice pictures. Is that the largest size you can get them?

Thing is, I took them from my MySpace account, and that sizes it down automatically.

Thanks mates!

Best time would be in July I guess, as midnight sun peaks then (I imagine so, at least). When I was there, the sun set for 3-4 hours. I'll definetely go back there, during winter time it should be awesome as well, Aurora Borealis, you know... :)

The pic of the viking boat was taken at around 10.30 PM. That sculpture is called "Sun Voyager", btw ;) Reykjavík is an amazing city...

"Sun Voyager"... nice B)

I think I would prefer the sun to set at least for a little bit, it's so hard to get some proper sleep when the sun is up all the time. But the prices are really good in Iceland at the moment, right?! (Since their economy cracked last yeah).

But yeah I would really like to in winter as well, could be really nice to see some northern lights! Onle seem it once or twice and that was when I was a kid.

"Sun Voyager"... nice B)

I think I would prefer the sun to set at least for a little bit, it's so hard to get some proper sleep when the sun is up all the time. But the prices are really good in Iceland at the moment, right?! (Since their economy cracked last yeah).

But yeah I would really like to in winter as well, could be really nice to see some northern lights! Onle seem it once or twice and that was when I was a kid.

Regarding the prices: It is still rather expensive. Well, actually, I did get almost the double amount for my money (Swiss Francs) than I would have gotten three years ago, but they surely have adjusted the prices. The guidebook I got dates back to 2007, and the prices of the camping sites sometimes were in fact 300 kronur higher than indicated in the book. A large beer would still cost you around 6 Euros, etc. But living in Zurich, I wasn't too shocked by the prices nevertheless :)

I, btw, spent pretty much all money I had. I'm completely broke now, even though I didn't eat anything else than fucking vegetable stock with noodles, wieners and chocolate cookies. But it was damn worth it :P

• 1 month later...

Regarding the prices: It is still rather expensive. Well, actually, I did get almost the double amount for my money (Swiss Francs) than I would have gotten three years ago, but they surely have adjusted the prices. The guidebook I got dates back to 2007, and the prices of the camping sites sometimes were in fact 300 kronur higher than indicated in the book. A large beer would still cost you around 6 Euros, etc. But living in Zurich, I wasn't too shocked by the prices nevertheless :)

I, btw, spent pretty much all money I had. I'm completely broke now, even though I didn't eat anything else than fucking vegetable stock with noodles, wieners and chocolate cookies. But it was damn worth it :P

Too bad about the prices, yea all out-of-the-way places are a rip off.

Mexico should be cheep, but Cabo San Lucas on the tip of Baja California is a rip off.