WARNING!! RAVE act passed in US

Just got the word that the notorious RAVE act was passed yesterday by congress. The act was passed covertly as an addendum to the megan law act (supposed to be about abducted children). What does this mean? Basically any party the police in the united states *suspect* has drug use can be stormed, searched, promoters arrested, equipment seized. This also includes any sort of concert. Ive been trying to find a full transcipt of the law online but im very busy.

God help us all. This could totally spell the end of our culture in the US.

my sympathies........i hear you're gonna have the 'patriot act 2' dumped on you soon,as the new world order attempts to unfold its tentacles still further.

just tell all your friends and in fact everyone you come into contact with how you feel,and look on this period as a dark patch before the eventual return of the light -we shall overcome in the end.we have to...what other choice is there?-'a boot stamping on a human face for ever'as george orwell put it in '1984' or psychic liberation and physical freedom? others are with you,even if they are not obviously showing themselves......

keep the faith!!

The Rave act is a very strange piece of legislation which says every organizer or owner of any event can be held responsible if someone does drugs at that event or place.

For example, if the Rolling Stones give a concert, and one person in the audience smokes a joint, the concert promoter can be sued and sent to jail for up to 20 years.

In a very strange twist, the schoolboard can be sued if a student smokes weed in school...

This law had no chance of passing and wsa rejected last summer, but Senator "Bitchassmotherfucker" Joe Biden secretly tacked it onto the Amber Alert Bill, and everyone who voted for Amber Alert automatically voted for the RAVE act.

I have been living in this "democracy" for 4 years, and I'm so glad im leaving in June. This country is gonna turn into the 4th Reich, trust me, I'm scared shitless.

Europe here I come!!!!!

Guest snoosnoo

I really doubt anything big will happen. Life goes on and shit doesn't really change, so I'm not worried about anything. And if you're in California, cops have plenty of other shit to worry about than some kids dancing and having fun. I could see how this RAVE act might affect you if you were trying to start a scene somewhere in a hick town in Alabama, but the more evolved states are just getting wilder and wilder.

Ok well i was misinformed, it hasnt been signed into law yet. What passed was it being added onto the amber alert bill. Heres some info from a mailing list:

The text of the conference report could contain anything. It's not

online at thomas.loc.gov yet. What the that resolution means is that

whatever is in the conference report becomes part of the bill to be

voted on without further discussion.

The bill, including the conference report, was passed today by the House

by a vote of 400-25.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor.../amber_alert_20

It looks like it may have a tougher time in the Senate, which is not

quite so dominated by populist yahoos. But right now we don't know if

the amended bill contains RAVE provisions or not.

L.

Guest Hallucinogenious

Land Of Free (if you are not a: nigga,raver,junkie,muslim,look like a muslim) heheh ;p

'1984' is coming on ... is coming on is coming on ... yeah yeah ....

yeah i'm probalby leaving the USA if this relly becomes anything like 1984 (which it is sorta. i guess) i'm thinkig austrialia or india. or china

a-u-m

Sorry to hear that.....im actually sad that a country that upholded liberty and freedom for so many years, is now trying to supress that in a somewhat undercovered way, since more and more laws in the US are limiting the peoples freedom and rights.

Guest gallowglass

unfortunately, i live in a state which is a single-celled organisim in terms of progressive social evolution. police down here go after raves like a shark after blood, but until now they could only use archaic laws from the 19th century involving "no dancing after 1am" or something. now that they have the ability to arrest the promoters and seize facilities and equipment, police brass everywhere in ohio are probably chortling with glee....

i need to get out of here :(

Guest underchylde

Author: oa (---.fll-int1.netmgt.com)

Date: 04-11-03 20:45

Well , dont do illegal drugs at parties.

i bet so few people have even considered this :)

When I was younger, I had planned on having children and a conventional family.....

The way things are going with these scumbag asshole greedy prick leaders, I don't think I want to raise a child up into a world where I have to tell them that the past used to be better, and that the future looks even worse.

Guest Soyouth

"Well , dont do illegal drugs at parties"

What does illegal mean ? That a bunch of puritans too narrow minded for thinking that life is something else than money and power (such as spiritual fulfillness, unity, love, community, latered states of consciousness) have decided was BAD.

What about alcohol that killed a thousand times more people than marijuana, lsd, shrooms, dmt, peyotl.. added ever did ! The problem is that the Newspeak is a reality ! Tribes with shamans performing rituals with hallucinogens were much more peaceful and friendly than the drug-free Bush governement will ever be !

So if I just get drunk at a perty and behave liek a jerk, annoy people, become violent and then vomite on the floor it's ok coz it's legal ?

THe problem is much deeper than that.

Greed and selfishness shall be considered illegal. On top of it since drugs are illegal, if you wanna have some, you'll have to do it in a shitty way and take it with the fear of being discovered. Disinformation is ruling and yet youngsters don't know nothing about it and this leads to snafu !

Of course addicitve drugs like heroin or crack can just be sent to trash.

It's a big issue, but there are two major reasons why governments want to forbid drugs :

1-it is black market money they don't get any part of

2-drugs, especially hallucinogens might make people aware that their life is shit, that the planert is being destroyed and that 5 % of earth population is using 95 % of it as slaves, and they might want to change it, to love every other human being and try to equally share

The fact that it's a threat for youth and health, although true - is not at all what they aim at !

Who believes that Bush went to war to Free the Iraqi people, so nice ! Soon he will Free the syrian people and the iranian and....

Sorry but when i read "Well , dont do illegal drugs at parties" I just get mad, even though most people are too dumb and use illegal drugs in a bad way, the meaning of life is not "respect the law and obey"

I don't want to be misunderstood, of course everybody's free and fortunately you don't need to take drugs to be happy or enjoy a party, i respect everyone but drug is not the root of all evil, it would rather be religion industry and politics

Peace love unity and Respect for the world

Guest Hippie

hmm ...where is the famous 'American dream'?

i`m waiting for immigrant visa, to move to USA ...but more and more i don`t like that idea ....i love Asia ...and Europe

Soyouth can you explain this little more : "drugs, especially hallucinogens might make people aware that their life is shit, that the planert is being destroyed and that 5 % of earth population is using 95 % of it as slaves, and they might want to change it, to love every other human being and try to equally share"

I'm curious what makes you think that? I have never heard anyone say that drugs have lead to such things. I usually just hear about their "trips" and how their counscioussness was altered but nothing more than that.

I'm not saying that I agree or disagree with you. I'd just like little more explanations regarding your comments.

Guest Soyouth

Yo,

What I am saying is that today people have lost their spirituality, everything is money and concrete.

Hallucinogen Drugs taken in a stupid manner, "just for kicks" won't bring you naything except a "good trip" but what's next ? It is just a refugee from the dark reality.

Hallucinogen Drugs taken in a wise manner, such as done with shaman, can bring you to a higher state of consciousness in which you will be able to judge yourself objectively, it will destroy your ego (which IS the root of all evil in the western society) and you might understand things, have revelations.

This "therapy" will make you understand your mistakes and how you misbehave with people or in life. Starting form that you will be able to improve yourself and your relationships towards the other. If everybody is willing to make effort then we can sure build a better world (that's pretty an utopia i know...)

Psychedelic Drugs helped me escape the "let's make money and buy stuffs" way of life. And if people start to trust each other, to share and unite we don't need all these fucking comsumming goods.

To make things clearer let's use my favorite example which I have taken form T Leary : why Ford doesn't like hippies :

If you are Taylor or Ford any big company selling cars of phones, what is your goal ?

To make people happy with your products and ease their life ? No !

You want to sell as much as possible, this means every citizen has to own a car so how do you do ?

- you handle things so that oil prices stay quite slow

- you make people afraid of each other so that they do not trust

- you bring selfishness, laziness and cult of appearance as emerging values of the society

Why is the hippy not a good consumer ?

He trusts people easily, even for the firt time you met (this is what happens in big summer festivals also) and thus he shares :

one car is enough for 5 people, one house enough for 10

even an old car is ok since he doesn't care about fashion...

In reality the hippy is right, he is saving energy, protecting the earth... but today the one who is right is the one that has big money (and thus power) so nothing's gonna be done to stop polluting because they might LOOSE money (so terrible to loose a million when you got 10000 millions)

I know it's quite unclear and my english is shit but I feel very involved in this so please don't hesitate to ask for further explanations of my point of view

Peace Love Unity & Respect

PS : I am not "saying drugs are good, do any kind of drugs and have fun" !

I only say that some hallucinogenic drugs when use correctly can bring a lot to someone and to the world

Hmmm I have to admit you got me thinking and that a good thing:)

True I'm not into drugs and actually support the ideao of clear consciousnness but I have to say I do agree on many of your points.

I find this particularly interesting angle to look at things:

"Why is the hippy not a good consumer ?

He trusts people easily, even for the firt time you met (this is what happens in big summer festivals also) and thus he shares :

one car is enough for 5 people, one house enough for 10

even an old car is ok since he doesn't care about fashion..."

Now here's the hard question for you. What REALISTICLY (not just in theory) can be done so things get better?

Guest Soyouth

Now here's the hard question for you. What REALISTICLY (not just in theory) can be done so things get better?

You are raising "The Question" actually, how can this fucking world be changed and how to act on an individual level ?

Unfortunately I don't have any answer but I have some clue though.

One of the key points is Education because you cannot change someone that is 50 years old but you can focus on education and, within one or too generation, have things changed.

The other point is for me a "getting closer to nature" one, i don't mean that we should all live in trees, go for hunting and make fires but only that the link between man and earth shall not be ignored as it is the case today, man lacks humility and love.

Is you are interested in those topics, I would recommend you read some of Huxley's papers (The Doors of Perception, maybe hard to get into with no experience of hallucinogenic substances) and maybe more related to drugs and society also some Leary's even though I don't fully agree with him. There are also several good books about shamanism and drugs and music (I feel Goa is a new form of shamanism) and you might also be interested by goa gil's paper on modern shamanic rituals...

Most people say "ok, the world is shit so I just fuck the world" and they try to live aside form the world in a golden cage, the problem is that these people are not solving anything, they are just letting things get worst.

Some other say "ok we understood the problem so now we have to impose our new vision of the world to other people that are too dumb", this is what happened in many cases for communism (russia, china) and the result what some men found it was a grat mean of mass control and absolute power (just like church people did several centirues ago) whereas the root idea behind communism (or behind christianism) is not bad.

So the question remains unanswered, wat can YOU do ? Well, as for me I try to keep informed in an objective manner and avoid disinformation, I try to speak to people that don't agree and try to explain what I feel.

One big issue is also drug prevention, people should be more aware of drugs effects, how to use them and how not to use them (even for tobacco, alcohol and barbiturics that are legal and thus considered harmless)

I know this is fuzzy but one thing is sure, you cannot change the world in a few years, there has to be a global awareness and everyone can contribute to it at his level.

I think is depends a lot on who you are, what you can do and how you see the world but for sure you can find a way to help.

Well, this only my opinion and I don't aim at being an example or teaching lessons, just wanted to share my feelings and express my view.

Peace Love Unity & Respect