Next Contest

Guest lifeform

Sweet... Is ambient/tribal counted in this contest... didn't seem like their was alot in the last one... Maybe like the last contest... their were 2 "disks" ... you should make one minimal/goa.. and the other chill out. Whatta think?

Yes any styles are counted in this contest :-) There was around 10-15 ambient Tracks in the last one, and 5 more tribal ones.

Well I personally have a complete different opinion about the rules a good comp has to follow : imho a good comp should be like a good party :

-minimal at the beginning, progressively going to

-psychedelic, progressively going to

-melodic, to prepare the transition to

-ambient, to conclude the comp on a softer note :-)

In case of there are 2 CDs, the last Track of CD1 should be psychedelic ambient, not ambient, in order to prepare the next trip (CD 2) through a little break of BPM

That's the rules I tried to follow with the "Psychedelic Sparks" Tracklisting :-)

I think there will probably be around 2 CD of winners for the next contest too, then the label will choose his favourites in these winners and sell 1 CD only, as for the previous contest.

• 3 weeks later...