7. Life in Dub

AURAL FLOAT

8. Echtzeit

TEN MADISON

9. Fuzzy Vibes

VIBRASPHERE

10. Supernatural

SAAFI BROTHERS

This new cup of Aromas from Chillcode contains 10 different ones emanating from worldwide.

The first flavour comes from germany with Enterprise (Alexander Khorosch), Vega Networks is about light floating piano & sweet layer, an ideal starting track for a chill compilation.

Kuba (Laurence Harvey) in Summer Breezin is accompanied with birds, Balearic guitar, atmospheric piano, it sounds or smells here in your cup like the tittle announced it :) .

Ok you didn't get enough Enterprise's aroma with the first tune, here's a remedial session with Lovely Atoms. You'll recognize here some Entheogenic's loops from their last album 'Golden Cap' which are in the background. You can add some short strings notes plus a muffled, melancholic & discret melody which will be held on by further violins presence later on.

Time for some French aromas with Jong (Jonathan Garnier) – Sparkling Circles let us penetrate into a deeper dub side coppled with indian flute. Usually , i like Jong's tune but this time it doesn't work on me (too soft for me i think...).

Ten Madison (Peter Jurgens) delivers several floating layers evaluating into an infinite universe, sometimes you get some retro-back effects on sounds in order to maintain your brain focused on the music & avoid you to sleep (especially if you're driving while listening to it ;) ). It's a very pleasant track, timeless; listenable hours during repeatdly without any drawback, just some "Travelling without moving".

Second dose of Kuba called Chiquita, it sounds country-blues chill to me with some extra exotic flavours such as the vocal or some rhythmical elements. It's quite genuine compared to the traditional range of chilly-trancey productions i'm used to heard. Ok it's probably not a very close comparison but there's something likeable in the spirit to KLF – THE White Room (the album) according to me.

Seventh ingredient of this Light Aromas is prepared by Aural Float (Gabriel Le Mar, Pascal FEOS and Alex Azary), Life in Dub uses a warm bass for a smart jazzy downtempo tune.

Second dose of Ten Madison with Echtzeit, hum probably the overdose... a naive song, too long & puffing for me, i never match at any time with this track.

Before finishing this cocktail of aromas, it's still time to incorporate some Swedish tones & Vibrasphere are man powered for this. Fuzzy Vibes is a dub tune with some piano parts a la Supertramp from 4'00 (i mean both in the melodic way of playing here & with lots of echoes/resonance). There's also some Balearic guitar & maybe kinda oboe in the background.

For the final, Chillcode have included some Supernatural aroma coming out from Saafri Brothers (Gabriel Le Mar + Michael Kolbecker). As usual you can expect from them, some rough edge, tecky 'mental' chill production at its best. Once again the balearic guitar is present here accompanied with some woman vocals.

Climaxes: 5,6,10

Favourites:1,2,3,7,9

Artificial Aroma:8

A nice compilation in the average quality from Chillcode, i guess next compilation will be about Strong Aromas...

mark:8/10